Chapter 22 - Modeling Is Like Acting

Chapter 22 - Modeling Is Acting

I refused to be at her house until dinner time and something told me that this... Haviar character wouldn't be getting to us anytime soon, so I had to... Text... Dad that my stay will be extended to Sunday because of some mugging thing that happened to my co-tranior and I was a witness and now he's hospitalized and I can't leave yet, because I'm a witness.

He almost flew down here.

Almost.

Thank God I packed an extra shirt and jeans because fuck.

I walked through the streets of New York, I followed the crowd of people going straight ahead and ignored those coming the opposite direction. Just like how everyone did it. My phone has been going off and I just turned it off, I need my space to think, I need to...process what just happened.

Jodie and Dad weren't married when they had Peyton, so he married Mom... Aka Stacy. I live with them because they adopted me, so I'm Peyton's half sister.

My father is a mystery.

I'm upset that she didn't at least get back with Dad and screw HIM, so I'd have that hopeful attitude that I'm not a half sibling, I fully and completely belong to the family.

Sadly, that's not the case. At least Dad KNOWS Jodie on a personal level, but still, I feel like... I don't completely belong now, I've been lied to. I bet they were never going to tell me about this adoption thing, I bet they were just going to keep it a secret till I'm like... 30...or until they die.

When the sun was going down, I reluctantly took a taxi back to Jodie's. I knock on her door, she opens it instantly, and greets me with a nervous weak smile. "H-Hey." She breathes, opening the door wider for me to walk in.

"I'm back for dinner like I said." I say dryly, watching her close the door after me.

"Course! I'm making pasta with some vegetables and chicken... Is that fine?" I shrug, not really caring. She nods and leads me into her kitchen which was... Kinda small, but it was a decently good size for just one person.

God, if I was rich, I wouldn't be living in a town house, I'd be in a penthouse or...a mansion. Maybe she just wants to save her money and live tradtionally.

"You want to help me wash some vegetables and chop them up?" She asks, nodding to the sink that has a bowl full of carrots and broccoli. I shrug and turn my back to her to turn the faucet and wash my hands then wash the vegetables.

Behind me, she's stirring a pot full of probably spaghetti. "So... How are Brian and Stacy treating you?"

"Better than you ever did."

Ouch.

"Oh... Great, uhm, is Peyton still a freshman in college and you're a... Junior?"

"I'm a senior and Peyton's a sophomore."

"Ahhh. Have you applied to colleges yet?"

"Georgetown University and some school in Tallahassee."

"Great! Thought about your major?"

Criminal Justice or something sciency. "Nope." I lie.

"Peyton's majoring in... Communications right?"

"Nope, its Journalism now."

I know I'm being dry with this lady, but you can't blame me. I just discovered the worst news that I could ever discover ever and she's part of it. She felt like she couldn't be a good mother—or she felt like she couldn't be a Mom, sooo she put me up for adoption and Dad took Peyton in.