Chapter 14 - The Bunny Of 96

"Nathan, I KNOW that you didn't push me down that fucking hill."

"That wasn't me, Tom did it."

"Tom did NUNCA, do not even bring me into this."

"It wasn't Peyton, that's for sure-"

"Guys, who cares about who pushed Charlie down, what matters is that your father probably has a concussion."

Ooo that too.

We were all skiing together (for once) and Dad somehow managed to bang his head on something—maybe a rock—and he just went tumbling down the snow hill some more. Blood was coming from his head and everything, but after having the medical team clean it up, he has just a little bump and a scratch on his head.

Ouch.

I head down the hall to go change out of my skiing shit and Nathan, as usual, decides to follow me. Just because we talked it out this morning—he actually talked it out with EVERYONE. He apologized and now we're all good. Even Peyton and I are okay now.

Anyways, he's talking to me more often and I'm letting him because I realize that I won't have a good time on this trip if I'm constantly salty about Nathan being here. I just need to play nice.

"So are we friends now or what?"

Not that nice.

"What." I say, shutting the door behind me and locking it afterwards. He's the type to just fucking walk in after you shut the door in his face. He doesn't get the hint or he just ignores the hint.

While I was changing out, Mom knocked only door and told me to come into her room to talk. I hope we're not going to review of "the talk" again because I was 13 years old when she gave me the talk.

Dad didn't even say anything, he just let her go.

I go upstairs to their room and I see Dad resting on their bed, icepack to the head. I give him a sympathetic look. My poor papa. A broken man.

"So!" Mom smirks, sitting down on the edge of their bed. "Tell me everything about you and Nathan's relationship."

SIGH.

"What relationship Mom?" I ask tiredly.

"You two talked all night one time and now you guys are suddenly getting along—you're laughing with someone who's NOT Tom, tell me the deets!"

"Mom, there are no DEETS, okay? I'm only being nice because I want to have a good time here and he thinks we're friends so." I shrug. "That's pretty much our relationship or whatever you want to call it."

"Charlie," Mom stands up and steps up to me, putting her hands on my shoulders and smiling warmly. "I know you okay? You want to be his friend, but you're just a bit stubborn about it. He's handsome too, you guys could be more than friends to be honest!"

GAG me with a spoon—MORE? Than FRIENDS? Look here people, we here at Georgetown Town do not condone such accusations and jumping to conclusions alright, if a woman talks to someone of the opposite sex, she can be his friend OR more OR nothing!

In this case, its nothing! To him it's something, but it's nothing to me.

Mmmmmmmhmmm.

Oh shut up.

"I could help you y'know? Get rid of your tomboy clothing and put on a nice dreesss, wear some maaakeuupp, you'd have him in NO time." I stare blankly at her. "Hell, if it does happen, you guys could get some costumes for sex!"

Aaaaaand I'm done.

"STACY!"

Mom kisses her teeth and purses her lip, ignoring Dad's shout. "I would let you borrow the bunny of 96 if I knew where it was."

Dad shoots up upright from the bed, his brown eyes widening. "The bunny of 96?" He gasps.

"The bunny of 96."

What the fuck is the bunny of 96—ACTUALLY.... I don't want to know.

Why. Why is it that every time we have a conversation, it's always about what she has to do to me or what she's "offering" to do for me JUST to gain guys attention!

DO GIRLS HAVE TO DRESS PROVOCATIVELY TO GAIN GUYS ATTENTION BECAUSE IF THAT'S THE CASE, I DON'T WANT ANY PART OF IT.

"Mom, can you just stop for once please?" I'm exhausted! All those inappropriate, sex talks that she gives me and the do's and dont's on how to get a guy—I don't need it! I don't want it too! "I don't understand why you're always trying to turn me into a slut! I like my clothes, I don't need any guy's attention, why can't you just accept that?"

Mom chuckles lightly and raises her hands to my cheek. "Charlie, I do accept you, why would you think that I don't?"

"Well I don't know!" I push her hands off my face, causing her face to fall and to look at me with concern. "You're always talking to me so differently from Peyton. I know I'm not like her where I'm flirtatious or pretty or really skinny or... Great with the guys, I'm not like that and I feel like you're trying to force me to become THAT and I'm tired of it." She opens her mouth to speak, but I interject. "I don't want to argue about this, so I'm just going to go." I turn around to leave and she's calling after me as I shut the door behind me.

WOW it feels kinddaaa good to get that off my chest. Mom is a sweet person, I can't pull myself to raise my voice at her angrily ever. No matter how many times she pisses me off, I can't just scream in her face like I do to Peyton.

I feel someone touch my shoulder, so I flinch and put my hand over my beating heart. "Just be my friend Charlie." Nathan smirks, lazily putting his arm around me and leaving his hand to dangle on my shoulder. "Or you can be my best friend."

"Why do you want me to be your friend so bad—can you get off-"

"Because!" He puts his hand on my shoulder and pulls me close to his side, leaving zero space between us. THU-THUMPTHU-THUMPTHU-THUMP. "Your wall is in front of my goal, which is making you like me and not despise me."

Why. WHY do I need to be THIS close to him! WHY does he like pulling me in and putting his hands on me every chance he gets? The more I get close to him physically, the more I can see his features up close and personal, and I don't want that.

He's already hot, I don't want to get a closer look at every perfection and flaw.

Well, at least he's being a good distraction. I just want Mom to let what I said soak into her brain. Maybe she'll finally fuck off from trying to "help me" and know that if I need help, I'll go to her.

Besides, who wants to be cool anyways? Too much responsibility.