Chapter 10 - Kitchens Are The Worst

Uuuuuggghhh.

If someone walked into this house and pointed a gun at my head, threatening to give them all my money or else they'd shoot me, uuuhhh I'd take death.

FOR sure. I already feel like killing myself at this party, might as well accept the invitation coming from someone else.

Right when we came in, we were pulled away into different directions. His friends were entertaining him and I filled a cup with water and sat at the staircase, staring blankly at all the pictures on the wall... OH and moving to the side to let people through, so they could have sex.

*thumbs up*

"Hey." I turn to my head to the side and I'm face to face with the same dude that hangs around Nathan a lot. I don't know his name because why would I, BUT he's pretty attractive. Strong jaw that's being taken over by his facial hair, high and defined cheekbones, small blue eyes, his brown hair isn't curly like Nathan's, it's straight and slightly parted from the side.

Messy too.

He smiles wide at me, gripping the little pillars that basically create the base for the railing, for the stairway. "I've never seen you here before, you new or something?"

"Sure."

"Everyone does their own thing, I guess.. But why are you over here alone?"

"I don't really wanna dance and I'm not in the mood for partying." I say honestly.

The boy chuckles at me. "Then why are you here?"

.... He is so right. Why AM I here? Why the hell am I here? Fucking Nathan hasn't given me anything productive and I could be out the door and in the car by now, but I don't know where he is or what he's doing or if he'll give me the keys!

"Nathan dragged me here and I doubt I can leave anytime soon." I say bitterly.

His small eyes widens and he leans back a bit, pointing at me through the small spaces between the pillars. "Heyyyy you're Charlie! Nathan's mentioned you before—lemme come around and not talk to you like this, I feel like I'm behind bars or something." He comes up the stairs and sits down a step below me. He extends his hand out and smiles again. "Wade DiLagado."

I grin slightly and shake his hand. Normally I'd be a bitch right away because:

1. He is Nathan's friend and whoever's friends with him, they must be fucking idiots.

2. Fuck. Teenagers.

But for some reason I can't do that. Wade is refreshing and nice and hell, I didn't realize how much I wanted to simply TALK to someone until now. I've been at this party for an hour and I've ignored practically everyone here...by choice, because again, fuck teenage parties.

He's kinda funny too and doesn't seem like a little shit yet either.

"If you're looking for him, the last time I saw him, he was in the kitchen."

Ewwwwww kitchens are the WOOOOOORST! That's where all the fucking weird shit goes down! Body shots, dancing on tables, it's crowded as fuck because people are trying to eat and get more drunk—I'm pretty sure its literal hell—absolute literal hell.

"CHARLIE! WADE!" Aaaand speak of the devil, here he comes!

He rushes to the end of the stairs, looking all frazzled and anxious as fuck, what the hell happened to him? "Aaaayyeee whats up man-"

"Get your shit, we're leaving!"

"Oh thank God." I stand up and suddenly, I feel like the party just stops. The atmosphere shifts from it being light and exciting to...who the fuck died, why does everyone look confused and nervous.... Oh, maybe because someone is shouting Nathan's name like bloody murder.