Chapter 9: Hangover

"Marcile!" my mother's voice rang through the dark, but that's all there was, darkness. "Mom? mom i'm here! I can't see you!" I couldn't feel myself, my body wasn't there it was only my voice. "Listen honey we don't have much time, listen to me ok?" Her voice had that tinge that I had only heard once in my life... I would rather not look back on it.

"Am I dead?" "no baby you're ok just listen, I know it may not make sense but I need you to trust him" Him? who was this 'him'? "Who? who do I need to trust?"

I received no answer, the dark began to turn white "Mom answer me!!"

Still nothing, the walls began to crumble, I could feel myself fall... "Mom..."

I woke up slowly, my head pounding from a hangover which made it difficult to open my eyes more than half way. I could smell a mixture of pine sol, bleach, and lavender which never seemed to bothered me, I actually didn't mind the smell and if anything it calmed me. the throbbing pain in my cheek made me groan and hold a hand to it, the last time anything hurt this much I was in the hospital.

With a lot of fails i finally got my eyes to completely open and look at the room around me. due to the couches, Tv, and end table i assumed i was in the living room... and probably the cleanest. This place had the eligibility to be a hospital considering it was probably clean enough to eat off the floor. Standing up slowly, I realized this house didn't have any pictures or anything on the walls, just blank white.

'first item of business, find out where the hell I am...' I half walked, half wobbled around the main floor, trying to find any other clues as of to where i was. After wandering through a kitchen, a dining room, and an entertainment centre, I found a bathroom of which I used to sink to splash water on my face. I dried it off on a towel next to it and proceeded to look into the mirror, where i saw the darkness under my eyes from lack of proper sleep along with a half formed bruise on my cheek.

My hand wandered up and touched the sore spot lightly, I still felt the punch... With a sigh I decided to look through the storage under the sink for some pain meds which I found. While pulling the bottle out a small folder fell on the floor.

"Strange..." Being my curious self I picked up the folder and brought in back with me to the living room, pouring the contents on to the table... the contents were a series of pictures. The first picture my eyes caught was a girl who looked a lot like me, but much healthier and definitely more beautiful. Her eyes sparkled, her hair was bouncy and smooth, her lips were healthy looking, everything looked much better. She was making an annoyed face as she tried to drink some sort of tea I suppose, but her eyes said she was happy.

I ran my thumb over the photo before moving it to the side, the next photo slightly shocked me, Hanji was holding a mistletoe over Levi and that girl as they kissed, the clock behind them showed it was midnight. "who is she..." I hesitantly moved that photo as well and continued shifting through the montage of them together.

I finally came to the last photo after feeling waves of saddness for the beautiful couple, but all of that didn't matter once I saw this...

It was me.. in a hospital bed with wires attached from every corner and a bandage around my head. I vaguely saw writing through the front so I turned it over...

"Marcile Scarlet... December 21st, 2011, aged at 15..... status: critical..." The shock of looking at myself in a hospital bed made everything spin. I was the girl in all of those beautiful pictures, what I didn't understand even more was I was with Levi. "Ok just calm down Marci you can't jump to conclusions" I put all the pictures back into the folder and ran them back to the bathroom.