(15) Not One Of Those Crazy Girls

Walking across the yard of her normal school, Hayley felt bleak and upset about her situation with Taylor.

A weekend had since passed after the prom, but Hayley wasn't going to stop thinking about the night any time soon.

"So that singer guy Justin asked me out again" Jenna piped up, hoping to distract her best friend who was obviously lost in her own thoughts. Perhaps boy talk wasn't the best idea though. "I can't believe I finally lucked out."

"Justin is the lucky one" Hayley reminded her best friend of her worth as they strolled along to their lockers.

A trio of guys came rushing toward Hayley, having recently heard that Zac was no longer in her picture. The leader of their pack smiled at the girl and she had a feeling she knew what was about to come.

"Is it true that you broke up with that college dude?" One of the guys asked Hayley, wearing a smirk. Seeing the girl nod, he continued. "You wanna go out with me on Friday night?"

Hayley rolled her eyes before shaking her head to signal 'no'. In some small way she appreciated the fact that guys still found her attractive, even with her awkwardly cut hair. She had also decided to wear sweats to school, something her past self would have never of done.

"I'm sorry but I'm not quite ready yet" Hayley explained herself, clutching her folders to her chest as she fastened her pace.

"How about Saturday?" Another of the guys questioned. He let out a scoff when Hayley walked off without answering him. "Ok, fine!"

Jenna pulled her best friend in close to her as she widened her eyes. "Oh my gosh! They're the hottest guys at our school. How long are you going to keep this up, Hayley?"

"I don't know. It may take me a couple years before I'm over you know who" Hayley sulked, not even wanting to mention Taylor's name. "Anyway, I'll see you this afternoon, Jenny."

The girls hugged their goodbyes before parting their ways to get to their next classes. Hayley had reached her locker and needed to get some of her textbooks out.

Henry, one of the geekier kids from Hayley's English class, approached the orange haired girl standing by the lockers.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your article" Henry complimented Hayley, wearing a small smile. "It's really nice that you wrote about the fact that you can still be cool without like, actually dressing cool and all that stuff."

"Thank you, Henry. That means a lot to me" Hayley nodded, listening as the guy continued to list his favourite parts of the article.

Henry nervously bit his lip as he prepared what he was going to say next. "So, do you... Do you want to maybe go out some time?"

"Oh, that's really sweet of you, but I'm not ready yet" Hayley answered the guy. She felt the question was one that she was already getting tired of.

Heading off and into the block where her next class was, Hayley heard Mr McFadden calling out for her from his staff room.

Perhaps one thing Hayley did miss about being Hayden was the fairly relaxed lifestyle she got from it. That was only because she was escaping her real life though and not for any other reason.

Hayley headed toward her English teacher's staff room with a smile on her face. She hoped he wouldn't be mad at her for handing in an article to a different school.

"I read your article on the front page of the Daily Herald... Congratulations on winning, Hayley. It was really well done" Mr McFadden began before looking down with a frown. "I'm so very sorry that I misjudged your talent."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙯𝙮 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡𝙨 ➳ 𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘦𝘺 🎉