(13) Love Triangle

Standing in Hayley's hallway after just pushing his way in past Jack, Zac furiously looked down on the guy as he awaited an explanation.

"Where is she?" Zac questioned, folding his arms in an attempt to look intimidating. He'd had enough of Hayley's lies, it was time he got some answers.

Jack nervously looked down at his feet as he tried to come up with something to say. "It's the cult! The cult have her again!", Jack quickly exclaimed as he took a couple steps back from Zac.

Pushing Jack against the front door of the house, Zac raised an eyebrow. "I'm going to ask you again. You're going to tell me the truth or you're going to end up in the hospital... Where is she?"

Jack had to give in and so he nodded. Zac was five years his elder and not to mention much stronger. "It's coming back to me slowly... I'll tell you, if you let me come along? I do not want to miss this", Jack smiled to himself.

Zac rolled his eyes and nodded. Reaching out for the knob on the front door, he grunted when he felt Jack's hand stopping him from leaving.

"Wait, I'm suddenly remembering that she's somewhere formal" Jack explained, heading for the staircase. "I'm going to need to change for the occasion."

  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Can we please welcome Lynn Gunn, our fabulous chairwoman of the Prom Committee?" The principal called out to his students, clapping after he spoke.

Lynn's peers all clapped and cheered for the girl as she headed for the stage. Well, all except Hayley, who was still feeling down about being at the prom.

"I feel very honoured to be up here, announcing the Prom King and Queen" Lynn grinned excitedly as she spoke into a microphone. She wasn't so happy about who she expected to win the king's role, though.

As Lynn awaited the envelopes she needed for her announcement, the school's drummer performed a drum roll. Everyone at the prom knew who was going to win, so this was a little boring.

Lynn took the first envelope in her hand and opened it slowly. Seeing the name on the paper, she let out a squeal. "The Prom Queen is... ME!", Lynn spoke giddily, jumping up and down.

The principal placed the tiara upon Lynn's head as the girl prepared for the announcement of prom king. Again, everyone knew who this was going to.

Before Lynn could even speak, Alex was getting himself ready for the stage. Lynn watched the guy and felt irritated. He had always been so sure of himself.

"The Prom King is..." Lynn trailed off for perhaps a little too long as she stared down at the paper in her hands. "It's Alexander Gaskarth", she continued, speaking with a bored tone of voice.

Alex's friends all cheered out for their buddy. Lynn took a few steps away from the guy, feeling him as he leaned in for a kiss on her cheek. There were a couple laughs in the crowd when that happened.

While Lynn had been busy announcing the Prom King and Queen on stage, Hayley was left alone with Taylor. The pair finally had some uninterrupted moments together, yet Hayley hadn't been able to say anything as she was hurting too much. That was until now...

"You know something? Now that I see them together again, I realise how nice of a couple they make" Hayley made an attempt at getting Taylor to ignore Lynn, but it was hardly going to work and she knew it deep down.

Taylor simply turned to his friend and shook his head. The comment that came from 'Hayden' was unbelievable.

"Now, usually there's this lame rule where the Prom King and Queen have to share a dance with everyone else watching" Lynn explained to the students in front of her. "But as chairwoman, I'm going to kick that rule in it's butt... Everyone should dance together!"