16. If It Means A Lot To You.

Thankfully, we didn't go long without power. Within the hour - before the house could get too chilly - the power was back on. Jack and I set up camp in the living room consisting of almost all of the pillows and blankets in the house. We got candles and flashlights just in case the power went out again. Rian made hot chocolate and after much convincing on Jack and Rian's side, I drank most of what they gave me.

"We should watch a scary movie, in true sleepover spirit!" Jack yelled. I shrunk into the couch and away from my new boyfriend's arms. I was not a fan of the horror genre unless it was Halloween, and most of the time not even then. "What do you say, Alex?"

"I don't get a say?" Rian asked, faking offense.

"Psh, no. It's Alex's house, Alex's rules. And either way, straight people don't get a vote here." Rian flipped him off while I laughed, momentarily forgetting my dilemma. "But, anyways, do you want to, love?"

I bit my lip and crossed my arms uncomfortably. It was obvious both guys really wanted to watch a scary movie, and I would be the only thing holding them back. Buzzkill Gaskarth; that's what they'll call you. That's why you never get invited to anything - you hold everyone back from having fun. And on the off chance you actually do let loose a little, you still end up ruining everything. Shall we recall the Halloween episode? "I don't know..."

"We don't have to, but I'll keep you safe from the demons, if that's what you're worried about." Jack's nose touched mine as he spoke softly to me.

You can't keep me safe from what's already eating me from the inside out.

I sighed. "Okay. Go ahead." I looked to Rian, since I was laying on Jack and too comfortable to move. "The remote is on top of the TV."

Rian rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Laziness, both of you. You're lucky you're cute."

"You're just jealous your girlfriend doesn't have a dick!"

Rian laughed and chucked the nearest pillow at Jack's head. "I'm pretty sure that's why I'm dating her."

I laid back on Jack's chest, still slightly damp with tears, while him and Rian bickered over what to watch. Finally, they decided on some new movie I had never heard of. Jack got up and made popcorn while Rian got the movie set up and I cocooned myself in blankets. Although the furnace radiated heat throughout the house, I was still freezing cold.

"You know, you got really lucky to have someone like him." Rian said randomly.

"W-What?"

"You heard me. Jack is good - no, great - for you. If for nothing else, work to get better for him." He looked me in the eyes with no hint of joking or easygoingness.

Nothing else was said on the subject before Jack plopped down beside me and pulled me onto his lap, placing the bowl of buttery popcorn in my own lap. "Let's get this party started!" He cheered. I laughed and he kissed me before taking a handful of popcorn and throwing it in his mouth.

Rian gave a over-exaggerated sigh. "You guys are disgustingly cute." He grabbed a small bowl from the kitchen and filled it with popcorn for himself before sitting back down in the chair beside Jack's and my couch and beginning to play the movie.

The first half of it wasn't too bad. There wasn't many things popping out and screaming; it was mostly plot setup and introduction of characters. Jack ate most of the popcorn, but also made sure I had some. It sat at the bottom of my stomach like rocks, but the butterflies Jack's irregular heartbeat gave me was enough to distract from them.

A few times I found myself moving around as my legs or butt fell asleep. I squirmed on top of Jack, staying out of his line of view for the TV but instead brushing against his groin area with every inch I moved. Every time I did this, a low growl or moan vibrated his throat. I felt bad when his crotch poked at my back, but at the same time I found it hard to hide my own growing erection. It was great knowing I had this power over Jack; and while I'd love to test my powers, while Rian was sitting less than five feet away from our shenanigans wasn't the best time to experiment with it.