Chapter Thirteen

It has been a week since all the drama has happened, the boys had taken turns staying over. They would all meet up at my house for breakfast though. Which was nice, it felt like I had an actual family for the first time in my adulthood.

I've gotten closer to Emerson, Brendon, and surprisingly Remington. My feelings have gotten stronger for him though. I am falling head over heels for the emo-punk boy that has been staying with me in my bed since the incidents of the previous week.

My anorexia has gotten worse though. Tyler and Josh have started to check me for self harm. I spend most of my time inside, or at the mall. Today was the day Ryan and Amber were coming over and we were going to dinner. I smiled and turned around in my kitchen. I was making breakfast for the boys.

"Lunch is ready," I yelled from the stove.

The boys all ran over to the kitchen and grabbed their plates. I smiled. These boys are the best. They ran to the table, plates in hand.

"Hey Josh, Tyler- we have dinner tonight with Amber and Ryan. Don't forget," I reminded.

"Aye Aye captain," Josh smiled. I smiled back.

"Can we join?" Emerson referred to Palaye boys.

"I mean, yeah..if you want," I offered a kind smile.

'Yes!!" Emerson fist bumped the air.

I laughed. I turned back to stove and carried the dishes to the sink, and began to wash my dishes. I wasn't eating today. I told the boys I was saving my appetite for the restaurant, this wasn't true. I was taking us all to a place called El Charro. They had really good food and my favorite burgers. I was gonna try and hold my food down. If I couldn't, well....I would excuse myself for a "phone call" from my work and then go outside to puke. I smiled at my plan and continued to wash the dishes very carefully.

"Need some help with that babe," Sebastian's voice rang from behind my ears. I jumped a little and smiled.

"It's okay. Thank you," I declined and turned back to doing my job. Sebastian scared me. He was really tall and he was always drinking. He made sure to do it while I wasn't around, but that doesn't mean that I don't hear him. What's weird is that he's not a mean drunk. He's just really loud and likes to dance. I had watched some of their Palaye Television videos and I knew what his personality was like, not scary at all. Maybe it was just my anxiety. He hasn't really talked to me at all this week. Him and Tyler seemed to get along though. They both seemed quiet until they were together. They talked about their families and what their family was like. Sometimes it was funny because they would check out the fans memes on twitter or their instagrams.

"I'm gonna head to the grocery store," I announced, finished with the dishes. I walked down the hallway, into my bedroom. I grabbed my bag, leather jacket, and my phone before heading back to the living room. I was wearing a white striped shirt with my leather jacket, black and white converse, and my back jeans. I had on a black choker which resided around my neck along with a necklace Remington had made for me as an apology. It was a lock which connected a black chain around it, and then a key which hovered above my my collar bone. He told me the key could be used to unlock the chain around his neck and the key around his could be used to do the same for mine. I smiled at the memory.

I was walking to the door way when I was stopped by Emerson.

"Can we come with? A pretty girl like you shouldn't go out alone" Emerson motioned to him and Remington.

"If you want?" I smiled.They nodded and ran to the door. I followed behind them.

"Let me lead, you guys will get lost." I laughed and closed the door behind us.

Remington took his place by my side and intertwined our fingers. No, to answer the question buzzing in your head, we aren't dating. I wish we were though. Maybe I don't know what love is because I've never been loved. Maybe that's why I don't believe in it.

Emerson stood by my side and tried to fix his hooped hat and his hair. He would sigh in annoyance each time it would mess up his hair. This made me erupt into laughter. We had decided to walk since we were only grabbing a few things and the store was only blocks away.

"Remmmmm," I groaned and laid my head on his arm.

"Yes my love?' He looked down at me.

"I don't wanna go to work tomorrow," I whined . Yes, I finally had to go to work. I had been working this whole week and today was my only day off.

"I'm sorry love. Just know that I will be at home missing your beautiful body in the bed with me," He kissed the temple of my head and held my hand tighter.

"God, get a room," Emerson pretended to gag.

"Fight my you little pirate boy," I laughed.

"Ahoy Matey," he pretended like he had a sword in his hand and waved the imaginary object around. I laughed and so did Remington. We attracted almost every eye of the common folk who reside in my sweet small town. This was what usually happened when I left the house with the boys. The good thing is that I wasn't as anxiety filled when I was with them.

"Sometimes when they look at us weird, I just want to do something even weirder to scare them," Remington smirked.

"Stop, whatever you're thinking, no," I glared at him.

"Alright, Alright," He held his hands up in surrender.

We had almost made it to the store. Wen were at the crosswalk which as soon as we crossed all we would have to do was make a right and enter the first door to out right. We began to walk across the street, the crosswalk signal giving us the okay. This was until I heard tires screech, my actions got the best of me. I pushed the boys out of the way and got hit by a black car. I heard terrified screams come from the fellow pedestrians who were on the road. I heard some people start to call the police. Emerson was one of them. I began to fight my eyes. My whole body ached.

"KAT!!!" Remington ran over to me. My eyes began to fog over. I'm gonna die.

"Don't fall asleep, hey, hey," Remington kept shaking me. He placed my head into his lap. I heard him curse and lift his fingers. A red liquid was cascading down his fingers, staining them with the dark substance. I wonder where that came from.

"I-I love you Remington. If I die, just know I love you-" I was cut off by the darkness engulfing me in its warm embrace. I wanted to tell him all of my feelings, but it was too late. I felt my whole body go limp. All I could hear was a person sobbing over me, and the sounds of sirens.