Chapter Eight

Tyler led us to a tree and forced us to sit down on the grass, he towered over the both of us like a mom does when she scolds her children.

"You guys are not allowed to leave this spot until this mess is solved. Remington, you don't have to be okay with her self harming. None of us are, but you have to accept what happened and let her take fault for her mistake. Ignoring her isn't going to help anything," Tyler scolded then looked my way,"And you, we are disappointed. You aren't off the hook. We are gonna treat you like we did back in high school. I will check your wrist, thighs, and stomach for bruises and scratches that weren't there before. You know how this works. Now both of you talk this shit out and come back as friends, or I swear to god-" He cut himself off, raised a hand as a threat and walked away.

"I'm sorry," I looked at Rem deep in the eyes,"I know my decision was stupid and I never expected you to be okay with it, you have every right to be mad at me and scream at me. I understand," I looked down at my palms.

"You're forgiven, but I'm taking your razor away when we get home," He scolded. My heart skipped a beat when he called it home.."And next time that happens, call me, text me, just fucking talk to me okay? I don't want to see you dead because you took it too far. I know I'm not the only one who feels that way." My heart ached in happiness.

"I'm sorry," I hugged him. I clung to his shirt like it was the end. He hugged me back and ran small circles on my back.

"Ma chérie, time won't be enough to make you even fall in love with me," He sang to himself. He had the voice of an angel and the body of one too. All I wanted to do now was go home and cuddle with him like I did last night. Aside from the nightmare, it was a great night's sleep. He held me so protectively, it made me feel safe. His arms felt like the missing piece to my puzzle.

"Let's go back to the boys," He stood up himself, and then reached his hand down to help me up. I gladly accepted and smiled kindly at him. We walked hand and hand back to where the boys resided. I was very happy. Today could've started out better, but the best days start off as the fucking worst.

"Yay!! They're good friends. Now can we go get food?" Sebastian sarcastically smiled.

"I mean..if you want?" I shrugged my shoulders everyone else just nodded. I looked at Tyler and mouthed a 'Thank you.' He smiled and waved me off. I clung tighter to Remington's arm and let him lead us to the car.

"I'm sorry for being a dick, I didn't know what to do," Remington whispered into my ear.

"It's okay, I understand," I smiled and kissed his cheek. I knew I could be myself around Remington and sadly for me not believing in love...I was falling for this man. The one thing I did not want to do. And I know we've just met literally yesterday..I won't date him. I can't.

"I love you," He returned the same squeeze I had given him earlier. A blush found its way upon my cheeks.

"I love you too," I smiled. God, for all I know this man could be a secret gay and love Josh. Josh isn't gay...well only for Tyler. But I would still support it.

"Baby!!?" An annoying ass voice screamed from the parking lot. It was a girl with snake bites, and black hair. She ran up, pushed me away, and attacked Remington. I awkwardly looked up at them. She kissed him passionately, he didn't do the same. He stood there frozen. She had stopped after a few moments, which gave the boys enough time to catch up.

"Oh...hi Jessica," Emerson sighed.

"Oh my god Katherine, I haven't seen you since high school," She smiled and pulled me into a hug which I didn't return.

"Stay away from my boyfriend you slut," She growled into my ear. My blood ran cold. I pulled myself out of her grasp and went to stand by Josh. She looked at everyone and waved. Everyone looked annoyed except for me and Remington. We were both shocked at who stood in front of us.