Chapter One-This is The Future

Quick Note: this is eight months after Adam and Bre got married. Just saying.

---------

Wes' POV

I watched Dad end the 'All Things Bright and Beautiful' tour and walk off stage with Uncle Jasper, Daniel, and Steve. Matt and his band are already back in Ohio. Mom wasn't on stage since she's pregnant and she's not allowed to preform. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl since they want it to be surprised. I hope it's a boy. Then I ran to Dad who smiled and picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a hug.

"How's mommy doing?" He asked as we walked down the hallway to the dressing room

"She's-"

I was interrupted when we all heard her scream

"ADAM!"

Dad shoved me in Uncle Daniel's arms and tore down the hallway. We ran after him and reached the dressing room. He was beside mom who had a scared look on her face. He saw us and asked Steve to call an ambulance. Uncle Steve did and a few minuets later we were following the ambulance to the hospital. I rode with Jasper and them while Dad rode with mom in the ambulance. We reached the hospital twenty minutes later and rushed inside. I saw Dad up ahead and ran to him. He walked right past me and went with the guys to the waiting room. I frowned but smiled again when Uncle Jasper came, picked me up, and went into the waiting room with the others. We sat down and I watched Dad. He had a nervous look on his face and I could tell he was freaking out. Daniel and Steve helped him not to freak out while Jasper explained to me that I won't be the center of attention anymore since they'll be another kid in the house and that they'll forget about me. I frowned,started crying, and went over to Dad. He picked me up.

"What's the matter Wesley?" He asked

"Uncle Jasper's mean!" I exclaimed while pointing at him.

Dad asked Jasper what he said, Jasper told him. He yelled at Jasper. He exhaled sharply and looked at me. He smiled and gently brushed away the tears and I stopped crying.

"Wes, we will never forget about you. Uncle Jasper was joking. Besides-"

He was interrupted when a doctor came in asking for him. Daddy stood up with me in his arms and walked over to the doctor.

"Mr. Young, you have a daughter," the doctor said. I frowned. The doctor looked at me, "what's the matter buddy? You're a big brother now!"

"Yeah but I wanted a brother not a sister," I muttered.

The doctor laughed then led us to the room where mom was. We went in and saw her holding a baby. She smiled weakly as we came near. Daddy set me down on the bed beside mom. I gave her a hug and looked at my little sister. She had a little bit of brown hair and had brown eyes and freckles on her face. She looked at me and started crying. I frowned as Mom handed her over to dad who held her carefully and she stopped crying. I noticed that a smile was on his face. I looked at mom and asked her what my sisters name is. She told me her name was Kaelyn Grace Young.

9 years later

"Kaelyn get out of my freaking room now!" I yelled angrily at my nine year old little sister

"But I just want to play with you outside in the snow!" She yelled in response

In anger, I tried to get her out of my room but she kicked me in between my legs. I doubled over in pain and cursed. I watched her eyes grow wide and yell for Dad. I heard him run into my room and ask what's the matter.

"Wes said a bad word!" Kaelyn said

Dad grabbed my arm and forced me to my feet.

"You know how I react when you cuss. What did you say?" Dad demanded. I told him. "Don't you ever say that word again! That's not how we raised you! Understand?"

Then mom came in the room.

"What's all this yelling about?" She questioned

"Wes cussed," Kaelyn and dad said at the same time.

I rolled my eyes. "Please don't make a big deal out of this. I promise I won't say it again. Besides Kaelyn wouldn't get out of my room and she kicked me where no man should be kicked."

I waited for my parents to respond. Mom and dad went into the corner of my room and whispered to each other. I looked at Kaelyn. She stuck her tongue out at me. I grew angry and pushed her. She tried to push me back but it didn't have that much effect since I'm bigger than her. Then she started slapping me and soon both of us were slapping each others hands and making weird noise. Then, in one swift move, I pinned her on the ground with my fist hovering an inch above her face. She yelled and I felt Dad yank me off her. Mom asked her if she was okay. Kaelyn shook her head 'no' and started crying and she told mom that I pushed her. Both of my parents looked at me.

"Did you?" Dad asked sternly

"Yes! But she stuck her tongue out at me! I hate her!"

"John Wesley Young you take that back right now!" He yelled

"Gosh I hate that name! People tease me all the time at school! Why is my name 'John Wesley' couldn't you just stick to calling me Wes?! Or more importantly, why couldn't my birth mother just pick Wes?! Did she hate me? Is that why I was at the orphanage all my life until Breanne, or Mom, adopted me?" I said in one big breath.

I looked at dad. He didn't make eye contact with me. Instead he took Kaelyn from mom and went out. Now it's just me and mom. I looked at her. She shook her head sadly and walked out. What was that about? I thought when she came back and told me that Dad will come in and talk to me. I laid in my bed for twenty minuets until he came in. I sat up and Dad looked at me.

"Your sister is grounded and your skateboard is now mine for a week," he stated.

"What?! But that's how I get to school!" I exclaimed

"Then you'll have to take the bus for the week. End of discussion and you have homework to finish," Dad said while gesturing to the window.

Dad left and I looked at it and it was sort of dark out since it's snowing again. Sometimes I hate January and snow. Then I realized I've been doing homework since three in the afternoon. It's nine o'clock now. I muttered to myself as I went to my desk and worked on my last subject. Which was World History.

Three hours later I finally finished it and put my stuff in my backpack. I then stood up, stretched, and got into bed after I removed my jeans and sweater and put on sweat pants and a sweat shirt. As I laid in bed, I thought about the way mom looked at me earlier today. She seemed offended somehow. Like she was my real mom. But how is that possible? I thought. The more I thought about it the more my head hurt. I frowned and pulled the covers near me. I tried to sleep but ended up staying awake the rest of the night.