Chapter Ten-Lost Boy

Wes' POV

"K-Kaelyn?" I questioned

"Yeah."

"How'd he get you?" I asked

"I was outside and he came up behind me and knocked me out with some type of drug. Mom doesn't know I'm missing," she said with her voice breaking, "but what is he gonna do to us, Wesley?"

I kept quiet. I couldn't think of a response. I'm supposed to look after Kaelyn. He could do anything to us. But why would he want my little sister? I wondered. I closed my eyes and placed my hand on my wound in my abdomen. I whimpered and kept pressure there.

"I'm going to bleed to death," I muttered to myself.

"He shot you?" Kaleyn asked obviously hearing what I said

"Yes he did. He shot me in the abdomen and in the shoulder. Now please shut up!" I said through gritted teeth.

I concentrated on my breathing as sweat formed on my forehead. Around me, my hearing was sharp and I heard every little noise. It's going to drive me insane, I thought. Then Kaelyn asked

"Wesley?"

"What Kaelyn?!" I snapped angrily at her.

I heard her move close to me. She laced her hand into my hand by my side.

"I could've escaped. The door was wide opened when he got you. But...I didn't. I-"

"Shh. Listen. Do you hear that?" I said while straining to hear.

"What-"

I cut her off again, "I said be quiet. Now listen closely."

Beside me, I heard Kaelyn hold her breath. The eerie silence made my heart pound in my chest. I painfully wrapped my arms around my sister and held her close. I leaned in and whispered in her ear,

"The van stopped moving."

"Wesley..."

I didn't hear the rest of her sentence. A loud ringing noise filled my ears and I lost consciousness.

Zoey's POV

Mr. Young looked at me with fear in his eyes. I nodded my head to approve that his worst fear was true and looked at the ground. Aidan started asking me questions about how it happened. I answered them and stopped when Wes' mom came in the waiting room and asked Mr. Young

"Have you seen Kaelyn? She isn't home or at her friend house."

Mr. Young held his head in his hands and started crying. His wife sat beside him and put her arms around him.

"Adam where's our children?" She asked

He looked at her.

"Daniel took them," he said softly, "I-I don't I don't know why though. I mean, the thing with Wes makes sense but why Kaelyn? Why did he take her?"

I watched Mrs. Young sigh and shrug her shoulders then she looks at me then to her left. I glanced over and saw both of my parents standing there. Mom rushed over to us while dad stood there motionless. When she reached us, Mom wrapped her arms around the two of us. I pushed her off of me and asked her why she's here. She ignored me and started ushering Aidan out of the waiting room. I walked over and stopped them. Mom shot me an angry expression.

"No. You're not taking him back to California. You can go back but leave Aidan. Besides, we need to help Wes' parents find him and Kaelyn. They were kidnaped a few minuets ago," I told her bravely.

Mom's angry expression changed to a shocked expression. Mom went over to Wes' parents and talked to them while Dad finally moved and came near us. I looked at him. He smiled and gave me a hug.

"Hey Aidan. How long do you have to wear the cast?" Dad asked him

"Eight weeks," he replied.

Dad laughed and ruffled his hair. Then they got onto the topic of cars. I glanced to my left and saw Mom, Mr. Young and Mrs. Young walking towards us. Mom introduced Mr. Young to my dad. They shook hands and dad asked

"Don't I know you? Weren't you the guy that I fought in your yard a few years ago when your house blew up?"

Mr. Young's face grew bright red as he let go of Dad's hand.

"Yep. That's me," he said. Then he added, "Hey you finally got Ann and you have two wonderful kids."

Dad didn't respond and I could tell that Wes' dad was wishing that Wes and Kaelyn were here. Mom looked at me with a sad expression on her face. I frowned and knew that they got a divorce. I pushed that thought aside and said

"Well. Are we going to go look for Kaelyn and Wes or not?"

Mrs. Young replied

"She is right. We need to go look around town. Zoey do you know what van Daniel drove?"

"He drove a black SUV."

With that, the six of us went out of the waiting room. Before we got outside,mom paid the medical bill. Once that was done, we all went outside and split up into two groups. Adam and Breanne will look around the school while mom, dad, Aidan and I will look around town. The adults exchanged phone numbers and we both went our separate ways. We reached our car and we got in. Dad started it and the next thing I knew we were searching for Wes and his sister. While we were looking, I was hoping and praying that they'd be okay and we'd find them quickly. Especially Wes since he's injured.

-------

A/N: The next chapter will only be in Wes' POV and I know the title has nothing to do with the context of the chapter but that's what I picked. Anyways, if you liked this chapter please consider giving it a vote and comment.