Chapter Sixteen-Captains of The Sky

Violet's POV

I stared at dad with a hurt expression on my face. Wes ran away because of me? I thought sadly. I got my arm out of Dad's grasp.

"When did he leave?" I asked with my voice breaking

"He must've left last night since he wasn't in his room this morning," dad muttered, "now if you'll excuse me I need to find your mother."

I watched dad walked out of the kitchen. I looked around and sighed. My feet led me upstairs to Wes' room. Maybe he left a clue or something, I thought as I went through his desk drawers. I found a bunch of homework sheets in the first three drawers. The last drawer had what I was looking for, which was a letter. I put it in my pocket and went out and into my room.

I closed the door behind me and went to my bed. I brought out the letter and opened it. I read it and frowned. He put a few choice words in the letter along with the fact that he wants to know who his real mom is. I kept reading. I read that he misses Kaelyn. He also said that he wasn't going to come home into he knows who his mom is so there's no use in looking for him. I sighed and stared up at the ceiling processing things. Wes needs time to himself, I told myself. I closed my eyes and said a silent prayer for him.

Wes' POV

I shouldered my backpack as I walked through the airport. I was going to Miami, Florida to meet a guy named John who was on my birth certificate. My moms name wasn't on there. I clutched the plane ticket in my hand as I walked briskly to the gate where I would board the plane. My heart pounded in my chest as I scanned peoples faces. I was scared that they were someone I knew. I lowered my ball cap and snuck past security. Then I ran the rest of the way to board the plane.

I walked past people and found a seat in the very back. I removed my backpack and sat down. My body was tense the whole time I was up and walking around. I relaxed and put headphone sin my ears. I played dad's song 'Captains of the sky' as I stared out the window as I waiting for the plane to take off. I yawned and realized that I've been up for ten hours since midnight last night. While I waited, I was thinking about my parents. They must be upset that I left. I sighed heavily and a girl sat beside me. I leaned towards the window and a few minuets later I fell alseep just as the plane took off.

------

A/N: the next chapter will be only in Wes' POV. Just saying. And how do you guys like it so far? Anyways. If you liked this please consider giving it a vote and comment.