Chapter Seven-Angels

Quick Note: this chapter will only be in Wes' POV. Just saying.

----------

Wes' POV

I tore down an ally trying to get away from Daniel. I was trying my best to run as fast as my little six year old legs could carry me. So far there's no luck. Daniel was behind me yelling. There's no way I'm stoping, I thought to myself. We just finished a concert in China when I found out when Matt told me that Daniel meant to kill him and that's why he faked his death. Matt also said that Daniel needs to leave the band. But that's not the case since he has to be with us till the end of the tour. Then Daniel and I went on a wall and I told him what Matt said. That's when he started chasing me.

I was brought out of my thoughts and kept running. I eventually stopped when I came to a dead end. I spun around. My heart pounded in my chest as Daniel came near me.

"Come on Wes. I'm not gonna hurt you. Let's go back to the bus and join everyone else," he said softly.

I shook my head 'no.' I noticed Daniel smiled but his eyes said something different. Like he was going to hurt me to matter what.

"I'm not going with you," I said bravely.

He glared at me. Daniel came closer causing me to be pressed up against a brick wall. He crouched down and leaned in. I turned my face away and started crying.

"Fine. But we are going back no matter what condition you're in," he spat.

I wondered what he meant by that when he suddenly brought out a knife and made a long, deep and painful slit along my right shoulder running diagonal across my chest. I felt my blood start to run down my skin. My crying turned into sobbing and yelling for dad. Daniel made me look him in the eye. His face showed rage and he threatened to do it again if I don't shut up and do as he says. I told him I'm not going to. In anger, he threw the knife down and began to shake me and yell at me again. I cried harder and screamed for dad once again.

-------/------/------

My eyes flew opened and I was gasping for air and wiping my wet face. I quickly calmed down and saw dad and mom in my room. They had worried looks on their faces. I removed my shirt. I looked at my right shoulder. Besides the bruises I got from Zander, I saw the scar that Daniel gave me. I gingerly ran my finger over it like it had just happened nine years ago. I heard mom gasp and put her hand over her mouth. A few minuets later she asked

"Did Zander do that to you?"

I didn't reply and hung my head. New tears formed in my eyes as I remembered the incident. I wiped my eyes again and looked at them. I inhaled sharply.

"No," I said in a whisper.

"Okay. So who did it? And when?" Mom questioned as she sat beside me.

I looked at dad who seemed like he knew. I made eye contact with mom and I told her about my nightmare. When I finished telling her, dad suddenly exclaimed

"I knew it! I had forgotten that Daniel told me he didn't want Matt touring with us but I ignored him! And that's when Matt faked his death etcetera etcetera," then he asked, "but why did he go after you, Wes?"

I was about to answer him when mom wrapped her arms around me and said

"I don't care why he went after Wes and he won't touch my son. I'd rather have Daniel come after me than Wes."

I got out of her grasp and Dad and I raised an eyebrow at her. Her face went bright red. She changed the subject and asked why Zander was being mean to me. She doesn't know? I thought. I asked if she knew and she told me she didn't. Dad explained that she knew about the fight but she wanted to know why Zander was being mean to me and that he wanted me to explain it to her. I nodded my head and tried to control my anger that suddenly swelled up inside me.

"He was being mean to me because he knows I'm adopted and don't know who my real mom is," I said angrily, "I mean why can't I know now? I'm fourteen and a half. I'm old enough! Just tell me please! Or don't you want to? Do you want to kept it a secret from me? Was my real mom a bad person? If anything I'd say-"

Dad cut me off.

"Wesley that's enough! Obviously you're still upset about your nightmare and it's fine. You're fine. Daniel isn't going to come after you anymore," dad told me, "and change of subject. You don't need to yell at your mother like that. It's three in the morning and I don't want to get into a fight. Now please try to go to sleep. We'll see you in the morning. And we're not going to go to church tomorrow."

I nodded my head in understanding and apologized to mom who was frowning. She forced a weak smile, kissed my forehead and I watched as mom got up. Dad ruffled my hair, they both walked to the door and he out the light off. Next both of them went out. He closed the door and I sat there in the dark. I felt around for my shirt and put it on. Then I laid down.

My mind instantly went to what dad had said "Daniel isn't going to come after you anymore." Yeah right, I thought to myself as I pulled the covers near me. I frowned and then thought, but Daniel is going to come after me no matter what. He said so himself nine years ago. I don't know when though.

As I laid in bed thinking, my own thoughts and Daniel's voice made my head spin. I clamped my hands over my ears and squeezed my eyes shut to try to get his voice out of my head. I half screamed half sobbed softly into my pillow. I curled up into a ball and said a silent prayer. Immediately, the voices stopped and I felt better. Like there was an angel in the room. A faint smile spread across my face as I closed my eyes and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.