Chapter Twenty-Six-Up All Night

Zoey's POV

I came home from spending the day with my brother and dad around midnight. After we watched a movie, which was The Hobbit:An Unexpected Journey, we went decided to take a walk around town then we came home. I removed my shoes and quietly made my way upstairs. I found my mom who was in her bed reading a book.

"Hey. Did Adam have his trial today?" I asked

Mom put her book down and frowned.

"Yes. And he's going to spend two years in prison. Now if you want to check on Violet and Wes," she said, "their both in the spare room across from yours."

I nodded my head and gave her a hug and walked out. My feet led me down the hallway and I quietly went in the room. I smiled as I saw Violet and Wes laying in bed with their arms around one another. I went over and gently shook Wes to wake him up.

"Hmm?" He murmured sleepily

"Wes, can we talk?"

Wes opened his eyes. He looked disoriented then he saw me and his face grew red. He looked over at his sister then got out of bed. Wes rubbed his eyes as I led him out of the room and I closed the door behind me.

"Zoey what time is it?" Wes muttered

"It's midnight," I replied as we walked down the hallway and down the stairs.

We headed towards the den and I put the light on when Wes said

"Can we talk tomorrow? I'm tired."

I smiled at him. I noticed that his hair was messed up. I nodded my head 'yes.' Wes smiled and I watched him walk to the guest room and close the door. A smile was still on my face as I turned out the light and made my way upstairs. I passed Aidan's room and heard dad telling him a story. I reached my room and closed the door behind me. My feet led me to my closet and I got out my PJ's. Once I had those on I crawled into bed and tried to go to sleep. I couldn't. My mind was swimming with unanswered questions. I sighed and ended up staying up all night.

Wes' POV

I laid in bed unable to sleep. Once Zoey woke me up I knew I wasn't going to go back to sleep. I lied about being tired. A frown was on my face as I knew that Zoey wanted to talk about what happened with dad. I got onto my side and pulled the covers near me. I stared out in the darkness of the room. I knew I wasn't going to stay in bed all night. A sigh escaped my mouth as I sat up and placed both of my feet on the floor. My blood went cold as I felt a hand grip my left ankle.

My heart pounded in my chest as I stifled back a scream. Shakily, I got to my feet and the hand let go of me. In one swift move, I ran towards the wall and put the light on. I scanned the room and saw the hand go back.

"Who's there?!" I asked in a high pitched voice

"You sound funny Wes," the voice said.

The voice sounded familiar. Too familiar. Then I saw who the voice belonged to. My eyes grew wide and I screamed like a little girl. She came closer to me and I backed away. I noticed that she wore white shorts and a white tee shirt. Her brown hair was in a braid. She was frowning when AnnMarie, Bryan, Aidan, Zoey and Violet came in the room. All of them had apologetic looks on their faces as I looked at them. I made my voice work and I said,

"I thought she was dead!"