Chapter Seventeen-On The Wing

Wes' POV

I woke up when the plane landed in Jacksonville, Florida. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I stood up and shouldered my backpack. I walked briskly off the plane, through the airport and outside. I turned right and kept walking. My mind thought up different images on what my real dad would look like. It was quiet amusing.

Thirty minuets later I reached a neighborhood. I scanned the houses and decided to pick the first one on the left. I went to the front door. I examined the house. It was a one story house with blue siding and there was a black truck parked outside. I took a deep breath and before I knocked, I brought out my birth certificate. On it was my fathers name. Which was John W. Smith. I shouldered my backpack. I stared at the door. Come on Wes. You can do it, I thought.

Then I knocked on the door.

Violet's POV

I walked with dad and Zoey around town as we looked for Wes. Zoey and I guessed that Wes is in Florida but we're not sure. I watched as Dad asked everyone if they saw Wes and dad described him for them. Everyone said no. He also asked if they've seen mom. Once again, they said no. After searching and bothering people for three more hours, we went to the park and dad sat down on a bench.

He held his head in his hands and started bawling. Mom was still gone and by the looks of it. I don't think she'll come back anytime soon. I frowned and Zoey and I sat down beside dad. I wrapped my arms around him and comforted him.

"Dad it's okay. We'll find them," I said.

Dad looked at me and forced a smile. "I know we will sweetie. It's just...what if your mother won't come back?"

"Don't think like that Mr. Young," Zoey said, "Your wife will come back whenever she's ready."

This time he laughed and wiped his eyes. "You can call me Adam from now on Zoey. And yes I know Bre will come back sooner or later."

I smiled and watched dad get to his feet and walk around. I leaned back and looked at Zoey who was frowning. She looked at me and said

"What if Daniel goes after your mom?"

I glared at her.

"Don't say that," I said angrily through gritted teeth.

Zoey apologized and told me after what happened with Daniel and my dad and Wes and Kaelyn that he'll most likely target my mom. I glared at her again and said

"If you speak of that again I will hurt you Zoey Owens."

Then I crossed my arms over my chest and stared angrily at a bird. As I stared, I thought about what she said. A sudden sick feeling settled in my stomach. What if what Zoey said was true. I shook my head and sighed heavily as dad joined us. Zoey suddenly said

"What if Daniel goes after your wife? Who would you go after? Your wife or your son?"

"Zoey!" I exclaimed

Then I looked at dad. He had a sad expression on his face. I noticed that new tears were forming in his eyes. I stared at him waiting for him to make up his mind. I thought

Who will he pick?

----

A/N: the next chapter will only be in Wes' POV. Just saying. Anyways. If you liked this please consider giving it a vote and comment.