Chapter 31

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Yesterday was a very eventful day, the police took Eun Gyeol to prison because he turned out to be a wanted criminal all this time for severely injuring other soccer players in different schools. He has been pretending to be a high school student at mutiple schools to get into the nationals, murder the other players and become the top player.

On the other hand, Chanyeol won't answer my texts or calls, I've felt nothing but remorse for what I've done. I haven't been good to him lately, I was so blinded by Eun Gyeol's lies that I doubted Chanyeol and viewed him as the wrong one when all he was trying to do was protect me. Stupid me, thinking that there's good in everyone, thinking I could help people become better...What was I thinking?

"Chanyeol, Call me back when you get this, please. I'm worried about you, I just wanna make sure you're okay." I hung up the phone, leaving yet another voice mail for him. I was becoming impatient and I couldn't wait anymore. That's it, I'm going over there and talk to him.

Chanyeol's P.O.V

The blinding sunlight shone brightly through the hospital window, awaking me from my slumber. My eyes scanned the empty hospital room, a groan escaping my lips as I tried to sit up on my hospital bed. My hand gently rested on my stab wound, a small hiss leaving my lips at the stinging sensation it left. The sound of footsteps entering the room broke me out of my thoughts, my eyes landed on a blurry figure standing beside my bed. I blinked a couple of times before my vision became less hazy and the figure now became recognizable.

"Yeol ah..."

"What do you want, Baekhyun?"

"I...I want to apologize to you-"

"It's too late for apoligies now, don't you think?" I snapped before turning my head to look at the other side of the room.

"You're right...it is..." I could hear him sigh softly and in less than a second, his footsteps could be heard, fading away to the door. I kept my head to the side, closing my eyes tightly and sighing softly from the disappointment of him not trying harder to make it up to me.

"You know what? I'm gonna apoligize anyway." I heard his voice sternly say from the doorway.

My head slowly turned to look at him before turning back the other way. I guess I talked to soon, huh? I should've known better. He is Byun Baekhyun after all, he would never give up on a failure like me even if we were being dragged to hell.

"Park Chanyeol, I am sorry. I am sorry that I doubted you all this time. I am sorry that I didn't trust you and instead trusted a stranger because he showed kindness to me and my friends. I am sorry that I didn't give you the support that you deserved and I am sorry...that I was so naive enough to turn my back against you when you needed me the most. I'm sorry. I know that you're mad at me, I know I'm the one who ended it...you don't have to take me back if you don't want too...but, I ask that you please forgive me for everything I have done." I could feel him standing there and looking at me, I didn't dare look his way as my eyes started tearing up.

"I love you, Chanyeol. I want to work things out with you because you're the only one I want." He sniffled and I sighed softly, I wanted to wrap my arms around him but I was still angry with him.

"Well, that's all I had to say. If you have nothing to say to me, I'll be on my way now. I hope you feel better, rest well." He sniffled once again before walking towards to doorway.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

"Tomorrow."

I turned around to look at Chanyeol, he was still looking the other way, refusing to look at me.

"Tomorrow?" I tilted my head slightly in confusion from his words.

"Let's go out for breakfast tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 8 am." He mumbled softly but I caught every word.

A small grin crept upon my face, he didn't directly forgive me but at least I knew he didn't hate me and that was enough to make me happy. As long as I can be close to him then nothing else mattered.

"But your wound, you have to rest, right?" I asked out of concern, the grin on my face suddenly fading at the realization that he was still injured.

"I'll be fine, just be ready on time. I wish to rest now." He spoke with a soft voice, still not facing me.

"Okay...you rest. I'll take my leave now" I bowed even though he couldn't see and I left the room. I smiled to myself as I walked through the hospital halls. 'Chanyeol doesn't hate me...I'm glad.'

I KNOW I KNOW, ITS BEEN FOREVER. I actually planned to discontinue this book and delete it because I felt like it was so confusing and mixed up, but reading all the comments you guys have left on the book, I couldn't find the heart to do it. I can't promise to update often but I thought I'd try and get something done, you know? Sorry for the wait everyone.

I know this is a short chapter but it's something, right? Heh, I apologize once again!