Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven (Tristian)

I woke up feeling sore.

My eyes were puffy and red from crying last night and my lower back ached something awful, so I refused to get up right away as I lay on my side, using Rex's arm as a pillow as he slept beside me, his other hand resting across his abs. His hair was touseled and his eyes closed, dark lashes cascading against his sun kissed skin.

I just watched him for a while, feeling my eyelids grow heavy until the sound of a phone ringing made me jump and sit up, instantly sending pain rocketing up my back. I gasped and fell on the bed again, moaning in pain as I rolled onto my side, pressing my hands against my hips as Rex yawned, rolling over to throw his arm and leg over top of me.

"Tell Coco to stop barking." He mumbled against my hair, making me roll my eyes and wiggle out of from under him, only to have him grab me around the waist as I tried to get off the bed. He tugged me back against him, his hands touching me everywhere and making me gasp.

"No! Rex, I don't want to." I complained. Rex made a whining sound to mock me as he let me roll away from him to the end of the bed where the phone continued to ring. I picked it up sleepily.

"Hello, Rex's House of Torture, Tristian speakin'." I greeted, glancing at Rex, who pouted and rolled over to put an arm around me again, stroking my arms as I tried to wiggle away from him, but he held me still, so I gave up and let him kiss my other ear.

"Hello, Tristian Michaels. This is Officer Trancy Grey. I'm the one who returned your remaining items."

"Oh! Hi, sorry 'bout that. I wasn't serious 'er nothin'." I apologized, blushing deep red and glaring at Rex out the corner of my eye as he smirked teasingly and brushed the hair out of my face, running his knuckles along my cheek. I scrunched up my nose in distaste, then looked away as Officer Grey went on.

"We currently have a suspect in custody claiming he knows you and wishes to speak to you. We're willing to respect your privacy by putting him in a sealed room--"

"What's his name?"

"Anthony Stewart." The officer answered. I froze. The look on my face probably hit Rex pretty hard too because he stopped cuddling on me to listen in as I switched ears so we could both hear.

"Anthony Stewart?" I asked for confirmation.

"Male caucasian. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Six foot, 180 pounds."

"That's him. I mean, not the guy who burnt down my apartment, but the guy who was messin' with me earlier. I'm gonna head down there now and talk to him."

"Are you sure? We don't mind protecting--"

"It's fine. He won't hurt me."

"All right, Mr. Michaels. We'll be waiting."

"Kay, bye." I hung up and rested my head against the phone, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath to let the news sink in. I felt Rex's eyes on me before he leaned in, nuzzling my ear and making me shiver before peeking at him. He smiled at me assuringly.

"I'll go with you and protect you." He assured. I smiled faintly, then reached out, setting the phone back in its cradle as I rested my head on the pillow, looking at him as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"I still don't think Anthony did it." I admitted. Rex paused, looking at me doubtfully before shrugging and continuing to brush my hair back. I sighed and started to get out of bed, but Rex caught me and pulled me back so I was lying underneath of him, my back against his chest.

"I said I don't feel like it." I complained, pausing to gasp as Rex slid his hand along my chest, pinching my nipple. I bit my lip, my body tensing as Rex pulled and pinched at my nipple, his hot breath on my throat as he kissed me there repeatedly before bringing his mouth to my ear.