Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve (Tristian)

Maybe that bet was a stupid idea.

I mean, not because I was having issues with the fact that I wanted sex. I'd gone plenty long enough without sex, so this was no problem. At least, that's what I kept telling myself. It was hard to get used to celibacy for a day when you were used to someone jumping your bones every couple hours.

I stood in the kitchen, watching Rex whip us up some dinner before the Tom and Jerry marathon started. My stomach grumbled at the sight of the different foods he'd gotten out and was chopping up into a delicious looking casserole. My body, however, reacted differently to the sight of Rex standing there in a pair of loose dark purple pajama sweats and no shirt. I watched the muscles ripple and bulge under his sun-kissed skin as he stirred up a bowl of tuna.

"You know," Rex said, making me stiffen as he spoke to me, "If you really want it, you could just give in and I'll give you the wildest sex you've ever had. I bought a few more things while we were out today too." I felt my cheeks flame as I scowled, folding my arms tightly over my chest as Coco barked as a response, wagging his tail as he watched us.

"Hilarious, but I ain't givin' in. I've gone plenty of time without sex. What about you?" I answered dryly, wondering if I even wanted to know that or not. Rex smirked, glancing over his shoulder at me as he dumped the tuna into the casserole dish, making my stomach growl. And the way he smirked made my groin ache.

"A day is nothing, Tristian, but don't be afraid to come to me if you can't take it anymore. I mean, after the whole bathtub sex, you're probably horny more than half the time now, right? I washed the thong so you can wear it again too. It's in your drawer." He added brightly. I sputtered for a second, making him laugh and Coco bark eagerly, dancing around our legs. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the counter near the stove, huffing.

"Don't pout or I might just lose it." Rex warned as he walked over to the stove, wearing oven mits as he reached in for the chicken breasts inside. I blushed, pushing off the counter as I watched Rex stoop to reach into the oven. I couldn't believe it, but I found myself staring at his butt as he bent over.

Why is this happening to me?

I was so confident this morning and now I suddenly felt like I had to cling onto my sanity.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Rex laughed, turning around to look at me mischeviously. I blushed harder and looked away from him. Rex smiled and walked over, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before he set out the rest of the food, putting it on plates and taking it out into the living room. He placed a large plate on the floor for Coco, who sat down and chowed down. Rex flopped on the sofa with his plate and I went to sit beside him, but he stuck his leg up.

"We can still cuddle. That's not totally sexual." He pointed out. I scowled.

"That's how it started the first time we had sex, Rex."

"The sex wasn't entirely my fault."

"Wh-What the hell are you talkin' about?!" I protested angrily and went to shove his leg back, but he held his plate with one hand while using the other to snake around my waist, pulling me across his lap so I was propped against the armrest of the sofa. I glared at him and he just grinned before holding his plate over me, turning on the television and changing it to the cartoons.

I would've stayed disgruntled, but my mind was distracted by the flashing colors and characters on the television screen. Everything seemed perfectly fine at first. We just watched the shows and finished our food as Rex brought the beer out. I made a face as he popped the top for me, then pulled me against his chest as we laid down on the sofa.