Chapter One

(Note: This is part of a series, read I Kissed A Boy first!)

Chapter One (Tristian)

I have a philosphy in life. One that's gotten me through all the shit that's piled up outside my door of life and that philosphy is this:

If a problem happens, ignore it. Hopefully, it'll go away because you're not paying any attention to it.

So far, it's worked for everything! Girls that keep asking me out, then turn around and dump me when they find a much more attractive, avaliable guy. My pay getting cut because I went from full time to part time at the office. My grades dwindling in college because I've had to call in sick. It even worked for when my television went out one night and I was stuck with my Gameboy Color for the rest of the day.

There's just one problem that seems to keep biting me in the ass, even though I've changed my phone number and moved to an apartment closer to my job and school. That problem still followed me from the country to the city, where I didn't fit in worth a damn. And that problem wasn't helping at all.

"Come on, Tristian! I can't go alone!" That problem's name is Anthony Stewart.

See, once upon a time, there was a smart ass, totally rich and snobby student at Western Michigan University --my old college-- and he was also known for being a heavy drinker. I dropped out shortly before graduation and lost contact with this party crazy homosexual.

I moved away from Michigan and to Jensen City where I met a great guy named Ace Carter. He's actually the first friend I'd ever made in the history of fucking forever and did what I could to make sure we stayed that way, even if it meant visiting him and his gay lover, Vic Patterson.

That whole drama was just... God awful.

I felt sorry for both the Carters and Pattersons. They hardly caught a break, it seemed. Of course, it didn't help that Anthony Stewart followed me to Jensen and took it upon himself to violently crush on Vic Patterson. Oh, lo and behold, though! Ace and Vic got together, leaving behind the baggage.

The baggage that I was now forced to drag around with me everywhere I went.

"Not everyone's a homo like you, Anthony," I responded coldly, keeping my eyes on the sidewalk in front of me as my laptop case bounced on my hip, "I ain't goin' to no gay bar just so you won't be lonely. We ain't even friends." Which was the truth. In fact, I didn't like Anthony.

The bastard was a drunk and a mean one at that. He hurt Vic and that was enough to turn off any friendly feelings. There was also the fact that I wasn't gay and Anthony was. He was asking me to a gay bar where I'd probably get picked up by the scruff of my neck and fucked into the nearest wall.

The thought sent shivers up my spine as I bleghed, glancing at Anthony in disgust as he groaned childishly, which didn't match his sleek Italian business suit.

"Oh, come on. I have no other friends anyway and I haven't had a decent date since... Well, for a while." He admitted with a thoughtful shrug, averting his eyes as he tried to recall his last date.

"And the the hell am I supposed ta do when ya'll are off fuckin' some bus boy, huh? Sit there and hope a straight woman walks in?" I asked dryly. Anthony raised an eyebrow, folding his arms over his chest and blocking my path to the office building, making me glare at him.

He was bigger than me, though, so shoving past him was like slammin' a batterin' ram into a fuckin' wall of steel. Damn near impossible. Anthony wasn't bad lookin' for a guy. He was around six foot two of solid tan muscle with light brown hair that hung around his face and curled at the ends, his eyes hazely-green.