Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Rex)

"Rex, this is really a bad idea."

That was the third time Vic had said this as I placed a couple containers of seasonings into a bag before drawing it shut and tossing it over my shoulder, leaning on the counter to face him. Vic said nothing now, frowning at me suspiciously as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Vicky, baby, I told you. I'm serious about this kid." I responded casually, shrugging my shoulders, only to make Vic shake his head and wag his finger at me as if he were disciplining Rick or something.

"First off, stop calling me Vicky. Second off, Tristian is already having enough issues with Anthony stalking him. He doesn't need two stalkers." He added dryly, putting his hands on his hips now. I pouted, pushing off the counter.

"I'm not stalking. He agreed to go out with me-- twice! It means whatever I'm doing is working and he wants to see me again." I assured matter-of-factly. Vic scrunched up his nose in distaste for a moment, then reluctantly sighed, dropping his arms to his sides.

"Fine. Fine, Rex, but let me know what his situation is with Anthony. I might just send Rick over there." He muttered under his breath. I grinned.

"That sounds nice. Rick does have a reputation."

"And I'm about to prove it if you don't move." Rick's voice announced, making Vic and I glance up as Rick stood a couple feet away from us in his boxers, his hair touseled from sleep and his eyes tired. Vic and I shared looks before stepping away from the fridge. Rick threw it open and pulled out a beer.

"Hey now," Vic warned with a frown, "That's your fourth beer today. You're turning into an alcoholic." Rick stuck his tongue out and took another swig before sighing contently. I raised an eyebrow.

"Have a fight with your sweetheart?" I asked. Rick twitched like I had literally hit a button before he glared at me, tightening his grip on the beer bottle so that it'd shatter any moment now.

"It's not a fight. It's him being retarded. Now move before I turn you into a statistic." He commanded, then brushed past Vic and I to the cupboard, taking out a box of cereal. I glanced at Vic, who held up his hands in surrender and shrugged his shoulders to let me know he had no idea what was going on between the too. I sighed, then perked right back up as I remembered where I was off to.

"Well, I'm off. I'll return your things tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Vic echoed suspiciously. I smirked.

"Tristian doesn't know I'm staying the night yet. Ssh." I winked and Vic threw his hands up in exasperation while Rick choked on his beer, looking up at me in surprise.

"Tristian's gay? Holy shit, why is everyone around me a fag?" He demanded, wiping his mouth on the back of his hand.

"Don't you have a boyfriend to make up with, fag?" I asked dryly. Rick gave me a sour look and flipped me the bird before taking his cereal elsewhere. I smirked and waved Vic goodbye, ignoring his warnings as I went out the door to my truck. I got in and headed into the city.

I grabbed things to make a roast and I'm sure Tristian would love it. It was healthy and delicious. I even grabbed some rolls from Vic's to eat with it and, of course, without Rick's permission, a couple of his beers. What he didn't know didn't hurt him, right?

I pulled into the apartment building parking lot around five and got out, heading up the stairs with the owner's permission. I rapped my knuckles on the door, waiting as I heard stumbling around and a thump. I smirked. God, he was adorable.

"One sec!" Tristian's voice called.

"One!" I counted aloud. I heard Tristian huff for a second, then a few more thumps before he answered the door. However, I instantly frowned when I saw a bruise on his cheek that wasn't there last night when I dropped him off. I opened my mouth to ask about it, but Tristian surprisingly cut me off.