Part 39 (Kenzie's POV)

My shoes clapped happily against the pavement of the Walmart parking lot as I followed Steve and Nat out to the car, grocery bags full of an assortment of oddities dangling from my arms. Striding alongside me, Peter fought to take my bags— even though he was already carrying a sum of something close to twenty grocery bags on his own. "Kenz, I don't want you holding those bags! You have a concussion!" Peter, shoving the bags he was carrying up his arms to free up space, tried to remove the comparatively meager number of bags from my forearms.

          I laughed, shrugging him off. "Peter, just because my eyes are dilated and my head feels like a ton of bricks doesn't mean I can't hold five pounds on each arm and carry it across a parking lot."

          "Kenz, you don't need any extra stress put on you! You've already got a lot on your mind!"

          "How does carrying five grocery bags correlate with the stress of my current situation?" I picked up my pace a little bit, somehow managing to bypass Peter's ridiculously fast strides by a few feet.

          "I don't know, but I won't be responsible for any possible added tension on you. Give me the bags, Kenz!" Peter grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. I turned around again, more to mess with him than anything, but I was facing my boyfriend again before I really knew what was happening. Spider-Man's reflexes were fast; a bit too fast for me sometimes, apparently. I looked down at my hands to find them handcuffed in webs.

          I stared at Peter incredulously, my eyes widening. "What were you thinking?!" I shook my conjoined hands at him with every word, the bags still lined up my arms bouncing accordingly and making the cacophony of sound that comes with the clang of canned foods smashing against each other.

          "I had to stop you from resisting! I wasn't going to get the bags from you without causing more stress if you had the range of mobility in your hands."

          "I hate to break it to you, but there's definitely no way you're getting the bags now."

          "Wait, why—?" Peter trailed off, finally comprehending the situation. "Oh. That is not what I meant to do."

          I narrowed my eyes at him. "You don't say." I straightened my arms and all the bags slumped downwards onto the ring of webs around my wrists. "Gotta hand it to you, though. These webs are strong."

          "Well, thanks—"

          Ahead of us, I heard Nat snort loudly. "I waited just long enough to butt into this conversation. Peter, since you are so eager to carry grocery bags, and Kenzie is now incapacitated to fulfill that request, I—" Nat walked over to us, handing Peter her bags, "will allow you to hold mine." She then walked back up to Steve and interlaced her fingers through his, smirking at Peter and I over her shoulder the whole time.

          Peter shot me a small, guilty grin. "Sorry for webbing your hands together."

          "That's okay—" I clenched my fists tightly and exerted as much force as I could muster against the webs, but to no avail. "How long is this going to take to wear down?"

          "With the new development in the formula, I'd say, maybe... upwards of five hours?"

          "Five hours?"

          "I just decreased the breaking strain percentage by fifteen percent! I realized there was a slight misbalance in the formula, so I just had to add one more of the carbon tetrachloride molecules and take away one of the lithium chloride ones to balance out the charges in the ions. Obviously, it wasn't a big enough unbalance that it would cause strain on the actual structural integrity of the webs, because atoms have a one or two electron flux area before the atom's internal homeostasis is compromised—"