Part Ten(Peter's POV)

"Extra pickles please?" I asked. The lunch lady rolled her eyes and nodded in exasperation. I moved on to the next part of the lunch line, Ned following behind me.

          "Why do you always ask for extra pickles? The pickles are nasty! These school sandwiches are really good as is, but you have to deny yourself perfection by adding more pickles everyday." Ned argued.

          "Are you kidding? You have to add more pickles to drown the bread that's otherwise so crusty that it's like biting into a rock. They should just order from Mr. Del Mar. His sandwiches are way better." I countered.

          "I still have never been there, but you talk about it all the time! When am I going to get to meet the famous Mr. Del Mar?" Ned said, shaking his head slightly.

          I picked up my lunch when I got to the end of the line, talking to Ned as we started walking towards the cluster of lunch tables.

          "Sometime really soon. I can't believe I've never taken you there before. The place is just..." I trailed off, my eyes falling on a certain someone. "Perfect." I finished quietly.

          Ned followed my gaze, his eyes finding the only person in the room I could see.

          Kenzie.

          She and Lucy were sitting at a table not far from where Ned and I normally sat. That's not where she normally sits, I thought to myself. Cringing inwardly, I made a mental note not to be such a creep.

          Kenzie laughed at something Lucy said, making Lucy look rather proud of herself before joining in. Although I couldn't hear her laugh over the ruccus of the lunchroom, I found myself entranced by how beautiful she was when she was genuinely happy. She was stunning no matter what mood she was in, don't get me wrong, but something about seeing her laughing made my insides want to melt.

           "Peter. Peter. Earth to Peter!" Ned waved his hand in front of my face, startling me into reality.  "Are you going to to go talk to her?" he grinned. I felt my cheeks grow hot, nervousness bubbling up in the pit of my stomach.

          "If I go talk to her, will you promise not to say anything mortally humiliating? Because I just might die if you do." I asked, trying to make myself sound sarcastic. However, I didn't feel like what I said was far from the truth.

          Ned rolled his eyes, smiling at me. "Go on already. I promise not to make you die."

          I started walking towards Kenzie's lunch table, trying to look calm and collected. With every step I took, I became more and more uncertain of what I was about to do, but Ned kept pushing me along anyways.

          I tried walking back in the other direction, but Ned blocked my path every time. I ran into him once on accident, my lunch tray digging into my stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I felt jabs of pain in my stomach and head, not having been fully healed yet. I felt okay walking around and stuff, but apparently my injuries were still fresh enough to be reopened.

          "Peter, you okay there?"

          I spun around to see that I was right in front of a grinning Kenzie. So much for a smooth entrance.

          My face flushed bright red, heat spreading rapidly throughout my body. "H-hi Kenzie. I'm Peter. I mean, I'm good. Yeah, I'm good. How are you?" I spluttered. My voice cracked at the end, making me want to bang my head on the table.

          Kenzie smiled widely. "I'm doing good, Peter!" She gave me a quick once-over, her elbow resting on the table, her chin resting on a closed fist. "Would you like to sit?" she said, nodding at the seat right next to her.