Part 38(Peter's POV)

I decided to rethink the whole cooking lunch thing as soon as Steve Rogers gripped my shoulder and led me into my girlfriend's kitchen like a pig to a slaughterhouse.

          I mean, it's not like I was a helpless human being. I could actually do some pretty cool stuff, right? I could scale walls, climb on the ceiling, catch a bus with nothing but my bare hands, and I was still undefeated at MarioKart. Mind you, I've only ever played with Ned, who has about as much hand-eye coordination as a goat. I may or may not fall off of the Rainbow Bridge every time I race around a curve, but that's beside the point. At least I didn't fall onto a Rainbow Bridge after jumping out of a spaceship when I was trying to save Asgard but couldn't get my alter ego angry enough to help (sorry, Dr. Banner).

          Captain America stopped me in front of the oven, clapping his hands together with a grin on his face. "Should we get to cooking?"

         I stared at him while I debated whether or not to sprint into the pantry, close the door, and web the hinges shut for eternity. Just as I had decided in favor of that option, Steve made his way towards the pantry door, blocking my path. I groaned internally (and maybe a bit externally, too), fighting the urge to bang my head on the marble countertops.

          Behind me, Kenzie and Nat were making very happy conversation. "...and last week, I put a legitimate black widow spider inside Steve's favorite cereal box. That prank was kind of disappointing, though, because Steve was more mad that the spider ate the last of the cereal than the fact that the spider was in the box," Nat was saying.

          "It was Captain Crunch!" Steve complained, his hand on the pantry door handle.

          "Captain Crunch? Seriously? At least go for Cinnamon Toast Crunch," Kenz clicked her tongue in disapproval.

          "Cinnamon Toast Crunch doesn't have the word 'captain', though," I pointed out.

          Steve whipped around to face me. I leaned a little bit heavier on the countertop, my eyes widening instinctively. "That's not the reason I love that cereal, kid."

          "Okay! I just, I was just-- just... kidding."

          "You better have been. Captain Crunch is not a joke." Captain America eyed me carefully, and I couldn't decide whether to laugh or run, so I did absolutely nothing.

          Kenzie snorted. "Did you two seriously just get in a fight about Captain Crunch?"

          "What? No, I wouldn't call it a fight, necessarily. Just, like, a..." I trailed off, trying to find a better explanation than 'fight', which was suddenly the only word I could remember.

          "Disagreement between two people," Steve finished.

          "Uh huh," Nat ventured. "Because if it were a fight, Steve would've won." In front of me, an exasperated smile flitted across the lips of the Star Spangled Man.

          "Hey, I stole his shield once!" I protested.

          "Remember that time I dropped an airport terminal on you?" Steve folded his arms, leaning against the pantry door with one eyebrow raised.

          "Hey, I caught it! And, technically, your shield dropped the terminal on me."

          "The shield doesn't fly on its own, kid." Steve chuckled.

          "How could I know that?! It doesn't obey the laws of physics at all, so why should it obey the laws of reality?"

          I felt Kenzie's hand grip my shoulder, and I turned to see her shaking with silent laughter. Across the room Nat walked over to Steve, her eyes humorously disappointed. "This is worse than when you're with Bucky."