Part 26(Peter's POV)

That voice. I know that voice, I thought bitterly to myself. Why couldn't I pinpoint it?

          Kenzie had suddenly become very tense, which only peaked my anxiety. I looked down at her. Her skin had paled noticeably, and she seemed to be at a complete loss for words. My stomach tightened compulsively.

          I looked up at Damon, my intestines clenching ever tighter. His startling, unnaturally bright blue eyes increased the rising unease in my gut.

          It was the way he looked at her that sickened me the most. To anybody else, it probably would have looked like nothing. After training with the Avengers, the look in his eyes was as plain to me as a black stain on a white shirt. Damon's expression screamed with hunger, excitement, and some deep anger.

          May cleared her throat. "Is it okay if Damon and I go out to get something to eat? I know I've been gone all night, but--"

          "That's fine, May," I interrupted. "Go ahead."

          My aunt smiled at me. "Okay." she tugged on Damon's arm and motioned to leave, but he held her back gently. "Before we go, I just have to go to the bathroom. You head out to the car, I'll meet you there." he proposed.

          "Sure thing. It's the door at the end of the hallway." With that, my aunt walked out the door.

         Kenzie's grip on my arm tightened harshly, causing me to flinch. I racked my brain, desperately trying to pinpoint where I had heard his voice before, and why his presence would have made Kenzie so terrified.

          With a sinking feeling like my stomach had turned to lead, the realization hit me. Damon was the guy that Kenzie had taken a video of. Crap.

          My heart started to pound rapidly against my rib cage as I looked up at the man who wanted to murder my girlfriend. He looked down at me, a sickening grin on his face.

          "Your aunt has told me a lot about you, Peter. Who I'm not familiar with is your pretty little friend here," Damon pointed down at Kenzie, the grin on his face widening. Every muscle in my body tensed.

          I looked up at him coldly. "Didn't you say you had to go to the bathroom?" I gestured softly to Kenzie. "You're not here for her. Why do you care so much? Just go and do your business, then get back out to May. I don't like the way you're looking at my girlfriend."

          That statement didn't pass well with Damon, apparently. Anger was evident in his features. I thought I saw something flash in his eyes, like a moment of recognition, but in an instant, it was gone. Without another word, he walked off into the bathroom and shut the door.

          I stood up, pulling Kenzie with me. She still hadn't said anything. For every second that passed, I could see her eyes growing distant with fear.

          "We have to get you out of here," I whispered to her.

          She laughed disbelievingly. "Yeah. Good idea." Kenzie walked towards the door and reached towards the doorknob, but her hand stopped, hovering above the handle when it got there. She must have been thinking the same thing that I was. What if there are more of them out there?

          I reached my hand under her's and stepped in front of her, opening the door. I peaked my head out, blindly reaching behind me for Kenzie's hand and tugging her out the door with me.

          I wasn't sure where I was going as I ran through the halls of my apartment complex, Kenzie on my heels. Somewhere safe, I thought desperately. Where can we go where she will be safe?