Chapter 26

(Claire's POV)

My heart drops. "Pregnant?" My head snaps toward Niall. His jaw drops. "Is he the father?" The doctor gestures toward my best friend. "N-n-no!: I stutter, then something hits me. That night that Josh "died" when NIall came over. "C-could you give us a mintue alone please?" I swing my legs off the bed so I'm in a sitting postition. "Of course." She nods and then leaves the room, closing the door on the way out.

"Claire, you don't think that I'm the father, do you?" His eyes bug out of his head, exactly how mine were. "I don't know, honestly. We didn't even use protection." I slap my forehead. "Oh my god! I'm so stupid." I lean over and rest my head on my knees. "You're not stupid. I am though. I never should have agreed to having sex. It was wrong." Niall stands up and begins to pace around the room. It was one of his nervous habits.

I had to tell Josh, but something told me that I shouldn't until I knew who the father was. "What am I going to do, Niall? Everything just started getting back to normal." A tear escapes and slowly rolls down my cheek. "You should tell him soon. He deserves to know whether he's the father or not." Niall stops pacing and begins to chew on his pinky nail vigorously.

He was right. I had to do it today. He needed to know. I really hoped it was Josh's baby and not Niall's, but something deep down inside of me kept telling me that it being Niall's wouldn't be a bad thing.

"Do you want me to be there when you tell him?" Niall asks as we walk back to Josh's room. I was just glad to be away from that ultrasound machine. "I think it'd be best if it was just me." This was something Josh and I needed to handle ourselves. Not with the third wheel, as Niall usually called himself.

(Josh's POV)

I was suddenly awaken by the sound of footsteps coming into the room. I open my eyes and stifle a big yawn. The sight of Claire puts a smile on my face. "Hi honey." She says in a monotone and sits down. "I've gotta go. See ya later mate." Niall says with a wave of his hand before exiting the room. I watch him as he leaves, and then I put my attention on Claire.

"How did everything go?" I ask and gently rub her arm that's resting on the bed. "It went... great..." She trails off like she's getting distracted by something. Her beautiful brown eyes refuse to make eye contact with mine. "So you're healthy and everything? Nothing is wrong?" I was really hoping everything was truly okay. I'd hate for her to be sick when I was just gettting better.

"I'm healthy." She states and takes a deep breath. "Actually... I have news." She pause and finally looks up at me. She slips her soft, warm hands into mine. She lets out a jut of air before speaking again. "I don't know what's going to happen, but please just know that I love you so much. You are everything I could possibly wish for..." She trails off, leaving me hanging. "What's the news?" I ask eagerly with a grin on my face. I was suddenly starting to become very nervous and antsy.

"Josh... I'm having a baby..." She blurts out. A surge of excitement comes over me. "Are you positive?" I squeeze her hand. feeling overjoyed that I was going to be a father. Sure, we were a little young, but I always wanted to start a family early. "I had an ultrasound done to check for abnormalities in my abdomin. That's when the doctor told me the news." She explains that to me with a slight smile. She didn't seem very happy for such big news.

"I'm so estatic right now! I can't believe you're having my baby!" I exclaim and open my arms, inviting her into them. She crawls up onto the bed adn falls into me. I couldn't believe how good life was going. I regained my memory, and now I found out that I'm going to be a father. This was the start of a beauty family that I'd share with the love of my life, Claire.