The Final Chapter

In my teenage and early adulthood years, I was blessed with friends that were greater than anything. I was lucky, sometimes too lucky. But life was good. Being best friends with Niall was always so great and had many perks. He was always there for me when I needed him, and if he wasn't around I had four other guys to turn to who would listen to me without even thinking twice. And then there was Josh, who I wouldn't have met if it weren't for my best friend, Niall.

I could try to think of ways to thank him for introducing the two of us, but I always was at a loss for words.

Niall, Josh and I went through a lot. When Josh and I first started dating, Niall confessed his feelings for me. It added unnecessary drama. Then when I moved to London with Josh, and he had his awful accident which ended in him being in a coma for weeks on end that lead up to his memory loss. And the paternity war. Was it Niall's? Was it Josh's? That period in my life was so stressful.

I'm glad everything worked out for the best in the end.

I'm lucky enough to call myself Claire Devine. Josh and I ended up getting married before my pregnancy bump started showing. It was an amazing wedding. All the boys came, even Niall who had a date with him. It was a perfect celebration of our love with everyone we love surrounding us. Six months after we were married, I gave birth to a beautiful healthy bundle of joy named Grace. After living a couple years in the cramped flat in downtown London, Josh and I decided to move to the countryside, so we could expand our family.

When Grace was two, Niall announced that he was getting married and to the nicest girl I'd ever met. They were so cute together, and he deserved to be loved by someone who treated him like the entire world revolved around him. After everything he went through with me, he deserved love. Grace was the flower girl at his wedding.

A year after that Niall and his wife, Melissa, had a baby boy named Thomas. Josh joked that when Thomas and Grace were older they would end up dating.

Grace was just starting school when I found out I was expecting another child. This time it was a boy. It just so happened that Melissa was also pregnant with her and Niall's second child. They wanted to keep the gender a secret until birth.

When I wasn't being a full time mother, I took night classes. I was beginning to get into the photography business and hoped to open up my own studio someday where I could take family portraits and such. On the side, I wanted to freelance photographs for newspapers in London. Josh was very supportive over my decisions and became a Mr. Mom at times.

When the boys announced they were taking a break for awhile, Josh was out a job, and he ended up getting a full time job working in a studio in London. It was a little ways to commute, but I had to admit that it was nice having him home more often than he would have been if he was touring with One Direction.

Niall and Melissa moved to the countryside in the same town as Josh and I. They lived in a secluded house on top of a hill where paparazzi or fans couldn't bother them. It was nice having them so close. Our kids got along so well. Especially Thomas and Grace.

I loved being a mother, and I loved being a wife. I loved being Josh's wife. He was the love of my life. At nights I lay in bed and try to imagine my life if I hadn't met him. It's too unbearable to even imagine. It's impossible. For us, it was love at first sight. A despite our shaky beginning in the relationship, I never regretted a single moment of it.

Dear Josh,

We're only getting older baby

And I've been thinking about you lately

Does it ever drive you crazy

Just how fast the night changes

Everything that you've ever dreamed of

Disappearing when you wake up

But there's nothing to be afraid of

Even when the night changes

It will never change me and you

Love, Claire

***

Author's Note: This is about two years too late, and I apologzie for that. The way I left things in this fanfic was unfair and every story deserves an ending. So here's the ending. I just wanted to wrap things up so nothing was left unresolved. Thanks so much for reading this! I honestly can't believe how many people like this story. It started out as a fanfic on Instagram years ago and turned into something so many people love on here! I won't be using this account anymore (or writing fanfiction), so if you want follow my new account (@tropicojordan) and check out some of my personal work on there! Thank you so much for reading this! And I hope this was the ending everyone was hoping for! :)