Chapter 12

Helllloooo! This chapter is basically a filler. A better one will be up soon! Maybe tomorrow?! Thanks for reading by the way! I really appreciate it! Please keep commenting and voting! I love you all!

* * * *

(Josh's POV)

"I'm sorry, Josh..." I hear's in the distance. It almost felt as though I was in a dream.

I wake up to find Claire cuddled up next to me. "Good morning." I say with a smile when I see her beautiful face. "Sleep good?" She asks before giving me a peck on the lips. "Yeah, but I had the weirdest dream. Someone was apologizing to me." I feel her tense up a bit, which was weird. "Oh, that's strange... so I'm hungry. I was thinking we could go grab a bite to eat when you're ready."

She seemed to change the subject very quickly. It made me think that maybe something was going on. "Yeah sure. I'm a bit hungry too." I day then get up, heading for the shower. Before stepping into the warm water, I quickly send Niall a text, inviting him to tag along with Claire and I. It would be a way to put the past behind us.

After I was clean, I walked out to find Claire pacing around the room with a look of confusion on her face. "Claire, are you okay?" I walk over to her. "I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind right now." Her eyes move uncomfortably from the window to the ground and then to my face. "Is it because I asked you to move in with me? Is it too soon?" I knew I should've waited. There was too much going on to worry about living with each other.

"No, it's not that. I'm really looking forward to it. It's just other things that are bothering me." She looks down at her hands, which she is writing very tightly. "Do you want to talk about it?" I was beginning to grow curious as to what was on her mind. "Maybe after lunch. I really am hungry." She grabs her purse and starts walking out the door.

* * *

When Niall accepted my invitation, he said he'd meet up with me at the restaurant, a little oceanfront grill. As we were sitting at the table on the patio looking at the menu, Niall walks up. Claire raises her eyebrows and shifts uncomfortably in her seat. "What's Niall doing here?" She turns to me with an edge to her voice. "I invited him. I thought it'd be a nice way to relax, just the three of us. "I rub my hand on her thigh underneath the table.

Her reaction to his arrival surprised me. She told me this morning that Niall and her were on good terms. I was beginning to think otherwise.

Something seems off about Niall as he sits down across from me, almost as it he's avoiding looking at Claire or I. "Thanks for inviting me." He flips through the menu, checking out the endless amount of food choices. "I'm glad we all made up." I smile.

They both just nod and continue to stare down at their menus. I slide my hand into Claire's, which is resting on her lap. Her eyes dart towards me as she gives me a weak smile, then they shift to Niall, who seems to be watching us uncomfortably. "You seem odd quiet, Nialler..." Both of them did. It was starting to freak me out just a bit that they weren't acting like their bubbly selves. "Just have a lot to think about." He answers in a low voice.

It sounded strangely familiar to what Claire said earlier. “Is something up with you two? I’m feeling a strange vibe here.” I finally say after a long, awkward silence. “What are you talking about?” Niall looks at me. “Clearly, something is going on here… what happened when you talked this morning?”

When I look over at Claire, she glances quickly at Niall. There was an urgency in her eyes. “Nothing happened. It’s just a bit awkward because… of what happened yesterday and everything. I think it might take awhile for everything to feel like it normally did.” She says while her eyes dart from Niall to myself. Niall nods along with her. “That’s exactly right.” He adds.

I didn’t know why I felt uneasy about it, but I did. It’s not that I didn’t trust either of them, but I kept thinking back to when Niall said her loved Claire. I was about to open my mouth, to ask them one more question, but the waiter showed up, interrupting my thoughts.