Chapter 18

A/N: Sorry if this is short. I'm just gonna say something... expect the unexpected...

* * * *

(Claire’s POV)

I buried my head in Niall’s chest and he wrapped his arms around me. “Oh my God.” I can hear the pain in his voice. “I can’t believe this.” He whispers and I feel his tears falling onto me.

“What am I going to do, Niall? I just moved here. I don’t want to be alone!” I sob. Niall’s hands run up and down my back. “I’ll stay with you for a few weeks, if you want.” He rocks me back and forth. He made me feel safe. “Please. I can’t be alone.” I look up at him and see his face wet with tears. “I’ll stay with you as long as you want me to.” He whispers in my ear.

“Thank you for being here for me. I couldn’t do this alone.” My voice felt thick with tears. I could barely get any words out. “I just wish I could forget… I need something to cheer me up…” I lean up towards him, feeling his hot breath on my skin. I kiss his wet lips, not caring if they tasted like tears. “Claire…” Niall says in disapproval. “I need you. Especially right now. Please.” I needed something to take my mind off the death of my boyfriend. I just needed to be comforted by him.

“This doesn’t seem right…” He says as he brushes away his tears. He kept eyeing me, as though my heart was a black hole. He raises his eyebrows and rests his hand on my cheek. “If this is what you want then I’ll do it. For you.” He leans down and presses a hard kiss on my lips. I kept being reminded of the feel of Josh’s lips on mine. It was like I was comparing Niall and Josh. Niall’s hand travels down my back and rests on my bum. He breaths heavily as he kisses my neck, brushing over the hickeys I had from the previous night.

“Do you want to take this to the bedroom?” He asks and looks up at me with those twinkling blue eyes. “Yeah.” I nod and stand up, grabbing his hand and taking him to the place where Josh and I shared passion and pleasure only twelve hours ago. Brining Niall here would be my way of coping. Moving on. I wasn’t replacing Josh. I crawl onto the queen sized bed and let Niall get on top of me. Something about it still didn’t feel right though.