Chapter 12

Caleb and I were sitting at a table in an almost empty Angels as we waited for Jackson to show up and I was fighting between feeling excited that I was going to finally see my brother after so long and anxious because I seriously doubted that this conversation was going to go well.

I was currently feeling excited when the door opened and I saw Harper and Ryder stroll in. Caleb saw them too and waved a hand at them. Seeing us at the table, Ryder put a hand on the small of Harper's back and steered her in our direction. Once at the table, they plopped down across from us.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Mike forgot something in his office and we offered to grab it for him on our way back to our place." Harper answered, "What about you?"

"My brother is meeting us here to talk about some stuff and I figured it would be better to meet in a public place."

Harper just nodded with a knowing look in her eyes. "When is he getting here?"

I looked at my phone and said, "Probably about 5 minutes."

"Well if things go better than expected and he's staying for a while, bring him over tomorrow night, a few of the brothers are coming over for a BBQ and I want to meet him."

I smiled, liking the idea of my brother getting to know my friends.

While Caleb and Ryder talked about something at the club, I caught up with Harper. But soon enough, the door opened and Jackson walked in.  I watched as he paused just in from the door and scan the room, both searching for me and taking stock of his surroundings. I'd seen him do it numerous times over the years but seeing it for the first time in two years brought a smile to my face.

When he spotted us, he made his way across the room, eyes sizing up Caleb and Ryder the whole time. By the time he was halfway across the room, I was on my feet and moving toward him. My movement brought his eyes from the guys to me and when our eyes met, he smiled huge.

When we met a few feet from the table, he immediately engulfed me in a huge hug. I returned the hug and squeezed him tight. I knew that I had missed him, but until this moment when I had my arms around him again, I didn't realize just how much I missed seeing him on regular basis.

"Fuck I missed you Maddi bear." Jackson whispered into my ear as he squeezed my tighter.

"Jacks..."

"Don't say anything, as much as I missed you I'm still pissed as shit with you right now."

Oh man. Apparently a heart felt reunion wasn't enough to distract him.

He pulled back slightly and looked behind me "Why don't you introduce me to your friends?" He asked after a minute. I gulped and nodded, this was it. No more stalling.

I turned toward the table and found the three of them standing and staring at us. "Jackson, these are my friends Harper and Ryder." Gesturing toward the couple on the far side of table, "And this is Caleb, we're seeing each other."

At these words, Jackson's eyes left my friends and began glaring at Caleb. I snuck a glance toward Caleb and saw he was doing the same thing. Sighing, I relinquished the small hope I had that this would go smoothly. But before I could say anything, Ryder started speaking. "As much fun as this little reunion looks, we'll get out of your way and give you some privacy. It was good meeting you man." He said nodding toward Jacks and grabbing Harper's hand to lead her away from our table. Before they could make it out the door, Harper turned back toward us and yelled, "Don't forget about tomorrow night!"

With a small smile, I waved at her and turned back to the two angry men in front of me. "Before we start anything, do you want something to drink and eat Jacks?" I asked, hoping some food and alcohol would appease him.