Chapter 11

Javier

Pain. Internal pain. My mate was ripped away from me and I had to watch. That freaking rogue made me watch her get taken from me. I lost it. I didn't have to let my wolf take over. He completely overpowered me and went crazy on that rogue. Every time he tried to advance, I beat him to it. My jaws clamped down on his neck and I twisted his head almost completely off his body. I was so caught up in the moment; I barely contained my wolf from ripping Trent' face off when he tried to take the rogue's body away.

Javier! Dude! He mindlinked. Easy man, it's just me. I grunted at him, breathing heavily.

Sorry Trent. I mindlinked back. I just lost it.... Trent nodded at me understanding, but still watching me like I was going to go off again.

We should head back to the pack house. He saw the look on my face. To get more people to help search for our mates. He finished as I calmed down, nodding at him.

Yeah. Let's go.

We searched the whole afternoon and well into the evening. Nothing. From that moment on everything was getting unbearable. I had failed her. My wolf howled in my mind, howled for our mate, cursing us both for not keeping her safe. When we got to the pack house, I went straight up to mine and Cami' room. I shouldn't have. Her scent was everywhere. Flashes of her appeared in my mind, and my mind whirled again. All of a sudden, I was in a frenzy. Flipping my desk, throwing things across the room until I finally broke down, tears running down my face. I sank to the bed and was immediately engulfed by her scent. I grabbed a pillow and held it to my face, filling my nose with her sweet smell, the tears still falling.

"Camille, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. So sorry." I lay there for hours, no one bothered me. A pained howl ringing outside told me that Trent was still awake. We were brothers in pain. My mate was missing. Then, at about 4AM, I felt pain. Extreme physical pain. I clenched my teeth as the sensation shot through my body. It held me paralyzed for several moments, and then I felt hysteria. It was as if the mind I was feeling was losing its grip.

It's Camille!! My wolf shouted at me.

Camille??? I yelled through our mindlink. Silence. Finally, after what felt like forever, I heard her musical voice, tainted with pain, love for me sadness...

Goodbye Javier, my true mate...

I was quiet for several minutes, in shock of what I heard; only snapping out of it when Trent, Monti and Jose came into my room.

"Was that our Luna?" asked Monti, looking at me as if wishing as hard as he could for it not to be true. Jose and Trent looked at me tensely.

"Yes." I answered. My voice sounding hollow to my own ears. "That was her." Monti gripped his hair, Jose looked away, but Trent looked at me dead in the eye.

"We will find them." There was determination in his voice and a hard set in his jaw, I nodded.

"I'm sure Alpha Jackson knows by now what happened, but I think we need another pack to help us. I have a bad feeling this is a bigger problem than we thought it was. I think we should go to the Staten Pack." Jose, Monti and Trent looked at eachother.

"We haven't talked to that pack in years." Trent pointed out.

"There was no need, and we'll go see them today." The guys bowed slightly, looking at me.

"Yes Alpha." They trooped out, but Monti hug back, glancing at me.

"Our Luna will be back with us." He didn't make it a question. He looked at me with sudden strength. "She will survive this." I looked at him, my mask crumbling.