Chapter 25

Charlotte

This is a bad idea, go home. Turn around.

I was standing at the same spot as last night waiting on Lucian. This was not a smart idea with the other Alpha visiting, that meant stricter borders. I snapped my attention at voices nearing me, I quickly looked around and climbed the tree next to me. I grunted softly as I sat on a branch and backed into the shadows of the tree.

Two wolves passed by, they stopped under the tree and sniffed around. I stayed still as they sniffed the border and came to a halt, they seemed to be confirming something before they growled and circled the territory again.

That was strange. They should've scented me...

Something ahead caught my eye, a light. I narrowed my eyes and watched it come closer, was someone coming?

As the light came closer I noticed it was a blue light, floating. What the hell... I stood still as the round light came to the branch I sat on, the mist around it blocking my view as a soft sound whispered from it.

I blinked twice as a soft cooing came from it and floated around the outside of the territory, was it beckoning me? I hesitated as I looked around and didn't move, the ball of light rushed back at me and twirled around, almost making me lose balance and fall off.

"Alright, alright." I whispered to it and it floated back out the territory, I climbed down and looked at the light hovering a few feet away from outside the borders. I shouldn't have stepped out but I did, something about this was curious.

The light traveled ahead of me as I followed it to a river, why was I brought here?... The light hovered above the center of the water as I watched it. It cooed again before slipping into the water and lighting it up, my breath caught at how beautiful it looked. I kneeled and looked at the water, it glowed beautifully in the moonlight. Leaning closer my breath was taken from me, then pulled to the water by light. I gasped as I was suddenly standing at the edge of the water and it was daytime.

I looked around in concern and confusion, everything seemed the same but the light was gone and so was the night.

"Evanny! My boxers please. I need clothes you know."

I turned to the voice approaching me, Lucian was happy as he swam towards me from the river. He got out of the water and stood in front of me in all his naked glory, I gulped and saw him snatch my waist and smile. He bent down to my level and was about to kiss me as the sunlight hit my eyes at an angle and everything went black.

I gasped as I fell back on the ground. I was back at the river, the present. It was nighttime.

"Evanny? Wasn't that Lucian's mate." I whispered and the light gracefully floated in front of me and cooed again. I was about to question what the hell was that when paws came rushing towards me. I quickly stood up and prepared to run when I recognized Camille's wolf and another she wolf stop beside her.

I glanced back for the light and it was gone. What the hell.

"Are you out of your damn mind!? I knew something was off, what the hell were you doing outside the territory Charlie??" Camille mindlinked as she snapped her teeth at me, I shook off the confusion and stared at her. I glanced at the other she wolf and easily recognized her scent, Jessice was here. She was on guard and worried.

"Sorry...something caught my eye.." I said weakly.

"Let's go! The territory is on lockdown now, some rogues passed by and were caught by the patrols. They're looking for us. Move Charlie." Camille ordered and nudged me as Jessice ran ahead of us back inside territory lines. I shifted and ran next to Camille, I was still focused on what had just happened. Evanny. Why was she involved in this, from what I knew, she was dead...

My wolf was purring as I noticed Trent was nudging me and circling around me, he nuzzled my fur as I shivered.

"You okay?" He mindlinked as I assured him. He licked my muzzle and nudged me inside as Camille eyed me.

"You have some explaining to do." I heard her say and I sighed. How the hell was I supposed to explain any of this?