Epilogue

I lied. This is the last chapter, well its an epilogue so whatever. This is Logan's POV what happened before he got the call from the cops.

©

Epilogue

Logan's POV

____

I sat on the couch wishing Tru knew how much I need her, wishing she understood that I would never leave her. What did I do wrong to make her think that I didn't want her? That question roamed my mind a number of times. But not once did a suitable answer cross my mind.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I got up, hoping that Tru would be there. I opened it, and all hope had vanished. Instead I scowled. Ron. And Kelsey

"Hello Kelsey" I greeted

"Hey" she spoke as she hugged me, I politely kissed her cheek and side stepped allowing her to come in, I ignored Ron though.

They sat down on the couch. Kelsey and Ron looked around confused.

"Where's Tru?" She finally spoke up

"She's going to her parent's house for awhile" I scratched the back of my neck. Just the way I said it, set Ron off to fire at me.

"She finally left you after realizing what big of a fool she made of herself. Good for her" after listening to his words all I wanted was to kill him for speaking that way about Tru. Kelsey slapped his arm.

"What!? It's the truth-" I stopped him right there and cut it

"Hey! I may not be the best boyfriend in the world and I may make mistakes, but I will never stop loving her! She is all I've ever wanted! You don't know us!" I fumed with a hint of anger in my voice.

"You love her?" Ron asked as if I was missing the big picture.

"More than you know" I snapped. Kelsey stood close just in case a fight broke out. I had a feeling one would too. Ron chuckled

"Then how do you explain 'I hate you?' And 'I'm going to kill you?' He asked. How'd he know? Oh. I rolled my eyes. Clenching both my fist and teeth together, my knuckles cracked just slightly.

"I don't need you to teach me how to be a boyfriend, from what I've seen you haven't been the best husband." He knew what I meant by that. My voice was on edge.

"I always knew that I would better for her" Ron pointed out in a mumble

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped. He shrugged

"I could've been her boyfriend in high school. I'm a fool for letting you stop her from saying yes"

"I stopped her because I didn't want her getting hurt!"

"Oh and you don't break her heart every time you tell her that you hate her?" He asked as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. That's it!

I rushed over to him and grabbed him by the collar and pulled him off of my couch. I shoved him to the ground then sent my fist flying to his cheek bone, a nice little crack resulted. He groaned with pain, but pushed me off of him then punched me in the face. My lip was slightly busted, he's weak!

Kelsey tried to pull Ron away from me, but he shoved her away sending her to the ground.

"Even I wouldn't have done that to Tru if she tried to stop me from killing you" I commented while jamming my fist into his gut, he coughed and groaned with pain then snapped

"Liar!" He yelled. I felt his jaw crack under my knuckle then.

"Logan!" I held Ron by the throat so he didn't try anything when I looked at Kelsey and asked with a surprisingly calm voice

"Yeah?" She was holding my phone out to me

"There's an officer on the phone for you"

"What'd you do this time, Mills?" Ron asked with a chuckle. U smirked as I punched him harder than before as I answered

"Beating you for talking bad about my girl" I stood up off of him and calmly took the phone from Kelsey

"You okay?" I asked meaning from when she got shoved to the ground. She nodded.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Am I speaking to Logan Mills?" The man asked. I looked down at Ron. He looked worse than I thought. His eye was already black, his mouth was bleeding and his lip was busted bad.

"The one and only" I confirmed.

"I'm officer Knox." He said. His voice low with guilt

"I-is there something wrong?"

"Would you happen to know Tru...." he trailed off not knowing her last name

"Reddings" I filled in for the man. Still not knowing what was wrong. Did she get pulled over? That'd be just like her.

"Yeah. We need to see you at Exit 34." I was confused

"Is Tru okay?" I asked, my voice filled with concern and nervousness. The other line was quiet for a few minutes.

"Hello?" I spoke not knowing if he hung up on me.

"Logan? Tru's dying" the words that that man said shocked me like eight thousand volts of electricity. My heart sank into my stomach.

Tru was dying?

"Logan?" I didn't answer the cop or Kelsey.

"Logan, what's wrong?" Kelsey asked again, I barely turned to face her as I breathlessly whispered

"Tru's dying........" I snapped my phone shut unconsciously. My mind went blank. I stared in the distance not even knowing what was happening.

Every second that I was standing there shocked; I wasn't with my girlfriend. And if I'm correct when someone is dying....they only have a limited time left.

"She's what!?" I ignored Kelsey then rushed to grab my keys. Quickly speaking before I bolted out the door

"Stay here with Austin. I don't trust Ron with my son" she nodded. Fear and worry held deep inside her eyes.

I sped down the roads towards Exit 34. I had to get to her. I had to! I couldn't even imagine how scared she'd be, or sad. Just imagining tears in her eyes made my throat sore and my heart crack. She was everything to me. What would I do without her? What would poor Austin do without her? He needed his mom and so did I.

In the distance I could see cop sirens and ambulance sirens too.

The thing that killed me the most was the sight of the front half of Tru's car smashed under the back of a semi. I suddenly felt light headed. I parked my car on the side of the road. I ran over to the cops and paramedics. I was scared, but calm.

It was when I saw Tru lying on the side of the road, unconscious while a woman pumped something into her veins that I lost myself. I ran over to her

"Tru?" But I was stopped by a cop

"Sir, I'm going to half to ask you to sta-" I cut her off by yelling. Panic and fear in my voice

"That's my girlfriend!" I pushed passed the cops and paramedics. I slid to a stop by her side and knelt down quickly

"Don't move her..." it was to late, I had her propped up on my legs. I looked down at her. Her eyes slowly opened. I brushed a few wild strands of hair out of her beautiful face. I felt a tear fall from my eye. A tear escaped her eye as well after seeing mine. Her eyes met mine at that second. I couldn't look away from her gorgeous light blue eyes.

That minute, she made my heart stop.

"Logan...."