The sight made me sick

©

I did what Logan had told me. Although it wasn't at all easy, I got some sleep. A few more weeks passed. I got a phone call

"Mrs.......Mills?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, I'm not married to Logan"

"Oh, my bad. Anyways I'm Officer Diana of the Steel Bars Prison. I wanted to let you know that you can come visit him in two weeks" she was very polite and nice

"Alright. Thanks. I really want to see him, it feels like forever, I can't imagine what twenty-five years would be like" I told her.

"Yeah. So he will be expecting you........." she trailed off

"In two weeks" I confirmed.

"Okay see you then" she said

"Yeah" I hung up with a big smile on my face. I had to get to work if I wanted to look good for him. I was excited but overall nervous.

I cut my depressed diet down, and I went to the gym a lot for the next two weeks. I lost a tiny bit of weight. Less than I wanted. I was sleeping more. Every few days I looked better. My dark circles slowly disappeared from under my eyes, and my cheeks weren't puffy and my eyes weren't shot anymore. I actually had something to look foward to. What was it going to be like? Seeing Logan again. Would he look different? Act different? He sort of acted different on the phone than he did before. He was sweeter, and more nice, caring. The old Logan was more snappy, and carefree, he was still nice, but not kiss-at-my-feet nice.

The night before the long drive to see Logan was the hardest. I couldn't find my sleep. I was thinking to much about Logan, and what it would be like to finally be in his arms again. In all my life, his as well, we haven't been apart for a long time, the most time before now was a couple hours if that. No wonder it felt like forever.

At four in the morning I finally fell asleep. I had to get up at eight. Great. Four hours of sleep. Not what I expected at all.

~ </3 ~

I was rushing around. I had to pick out a nice pair of clothes for today. I ended up wearing a silky white top and a nice pair or Hollister jeans. I put on the minimal make-up and curled my hair just slightly. My eye shadow was a smoky color, and my lips were stained pinkish/red. My cheeks had the lightest shade of pink from the blush. I even did my nails. I put the slightest perfume on. I wore dangle earrings in the shape of a dove, and above the dove was a small diamond. I was ready to go.

~ </3 ~

I was currently stopped on the high way. Traffic was the worst here. I've been sitting like a duck for nearly an hour now. I closed my eyes, groaning to myself.

After a few more hours, we were slowly creaping along the high way, once I was close enough to see what happened. There was a semi flipped over.....a car was held under it. The ambulance was being filled with a few people as the cops stood around talking to the witnesses to find ourmt everything that caused the accident. There would be no doubt that it would be on the news later. The sight made me sick, those poor people.

Once the cops allowed me to go further, I was also allowed to speed up again when I was far enough away. I was on my way again. I wondered though. Did Logan know I was coming? The lady didn't tell me.

~ </3 ~

A gaurd of the prison stopped me at the gate saying

"What brings you here?" His voice rough and strict. He sounded like he was a Sargent in the Army. He had a few scars here and there on his face. And he was big and strong. Had to be in the Army.

"Visiting"

"Okay. Pull up towards section B" he told me calmly. I gave him a nod and drove off towards the corresponding second of what he told me. The prison from the outside was terrifying. It was beat up and old looking almost to the point of collapsing, a few years maybe.

I walked into the door of the prison to walk to the desk. A woman held the position behind the desk

"May I help you?"

"I'm here to visit, Logan Mills" I told her. She tilted her head to the side

"Are you Tru?" I nodded furrowing my eyebrows

"You look a lot smaller than I imagined over the phone. Just a little thing you are. Right this way." That must be Diana. I followed her down the hallway, cells were side by side on both sides of the walls. Prisoners stood in the front clutching the bars; staring at me. It scared me. I hoped these prisoners didn't rub off on Logan for the passed month or so.

"This way" She opened the door to a separate room. Much nicer than the hallway. There was something else much nicer than what I saw in the hallway.