chapter sixteen

r e c o r d s h o p

L U K E

Since the record shop didn't have any Flora Cash records, Luke was online trying to find a good one to order for Hummingbird.

She was sleeping in Luke's bed, but the couch was too uncomfortable and he couldn't sleep. He had started to think about the pout that she had sported when he didn't have the record she wanted. He felt bad because she seemed really upset about it throughout the day. He figured their music must mean a lot to her, so he decided to get his laptop out and start looking for a record he could get her.

It was sort of a 'I really like you and I think you're pretty, and I hated that you got upset when you couldn't find this' gift.

He was excited to see her reaction when he gives it to her. He knew she didn't ask for it, but he also knew she wouldn't ask him for anything if it wasn't an emergency or a necessity. He felt, though, that her happiness was—is—a necessity.

When Luke woke up the next morning, his neck hurt worse than ever and his back was aching. Sitting up to stretch, he may have cursed just a little bit, but he tried to be quiet. It was just his luck that Hummingbird had walked down the hall and into the living space to see him at the same time.

"Hey, good m-woah, are you okay?" She rushed over to him.

"Yeah, m'fine, the couch is just a bit uncomfortable and, well, small."

She frowned, and Luke knew she was blaming herself for sleeping in his bed.

"I'm really sorry. You can take the bed. I would've told you to take it anyway if I knew. Plus, I'm always sleeping when you—I'm assuming—carry me in there so it's not like I'll notice a difference anyway."

"It's okay. I just want you to be comfy."

Luke saw her eyes sparkle and a smile appeared on her face. Luke realized she probably wasn't used to people caring if she was comfy or not.

"And I will be. I'm a lot smaller than you so I'll fit better."

He shook his head, "the whole thing is uncomfortable, babe."

"Well, then sleep on the bed with me. We're both adults, anyway. And it's just sleeping. I'm pretty sure we could both manage that."

"Are you sure?" He didn't to force her into anything or make her uncomfortable, but at this point Luke figured the whole world knew he didn't want her to be uncomfortable, so she had to know too. Right?

"Yeah, of course."

"Well, if you say so. It'll be nice to get off of this couch," he laughed.

He saw her staring at him while he laughed with a small smile on her face. He sat up a bit more, pulling his blanket tighter to his chest. He was a bit cold, so he made a mental note to turn up the heat a little bit when he next got the chance. She was still sitting there smiling at him when he looked back at her.

"What are you looking at? Have I got something on my face?"

"No, no," she laughed at him, "you just look really...pretty, I guess, when you laugh. I like seeing you happy. It makes me happy."

He grinned at her words, pulling her off of the arm of the couch so that she was sitting in the seat in front of him.

"You're perfect, I swear," he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"But-"

She was cut off with a sweet kiss from the boy in front of her.

"I'm pretty sure I always tell you, no buts, baby."

okay i personally thought that this chapter was adorable!!

i hope you all have/had a wonderful day/night!

question of the chapter:

who would you consider to be your favorite member of 5sos?

mine is luke, obviously haha, but i love them all so much so it's honestly all of them.

thank you for reading!

love you all!

-a <3