chapter fifteen

r e c o r d s h o p

L U K E

Hummingbird went with Luke to the record shop even though she wouldn't be able to start for another three days.

The paperwork had to be processed, but since she was eighteen she wouldn't need her worker's permit. Luke was grateful for that because he knew it was at her dad's house, and he didn't want her going back there. He knew she'd have to go back for clothes and her other things, but he would go with her then, and he wasn't really looking forward to that, either. Of course he would go with her, but he wished that she would just let him buy her knew clothes. He wasn't poor, he had the money for it. He did used to be in a band before he started working at the shop.

He also didn't want to go because he knew he would lose himself if he saw the people that she used to call family. He very strongly disliked those people, and he wished he wouldn't ever have to see them. He wished Hummingbird wouldn't ever have to see them either.

"Hey babe?"

Luke looked up from the records he was stocking to see his girl searching through records on the other side of the shop.

"Huh?"

He noticed she was looking in the 'F' section in a part of the store that had records alphabetically ordered by who the artist was.

"Do you have any Flora Cash albums?"

"No, I don't think we do," he said, frowning when he noticed her small pout.

"Aw, okay," she said as she walked closer to him.

She wrapped her arms around the boy as she rested her chin on his shoulder blade since she wasn't tall enough to reach his shoulder.

"Remember when we first met and I asked you if you had any All Time Low records?"

Luke smiled fondly at the memory, "yeah, what about it?"

"I thought you were the most beautiful boy ever. I wanted so badly to get to know you, but I was worried about...you know...so I didn't give you my name. I can't believe you still don't know it," she laughed.

"Hey, how am I supposed to know it? You've never told me!"

"It's quite stupid for a name, really, but you've said it before."

"I have?" He turned around now, facing her as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He pulled her closer, so that their chests were almost touching, as she looked up at him.

"You have."

"What is it?"

"Guess."

"Oh, c'mon, babe. You're really going to make me guess?"

"Duh. It kind of sounds like a guys name, though, if you think about it. I don't hate it, but I don't really like it either," she scrunched her nose up a bit as she talked about it.

"I've only ever called you things like princess and babe. Hummingbird, too. Just tell me."

"You've got to guess, record boy."

"This isn't fair," he whined, "you know my name!"

"I saw your name, so you didn't really have a choice with that one even if you wanted to."

He gave her a pointed look, trying to show her that he was upset, but a small smile broke out on his lips.

"You'll be the death of me, Hummingbird."

okay i thought this chapter was super cute!

i hope you all liked it as much as i did :) and she finally gave luke a little hint as to what her name is!!

question of the chapter:

who is your favorite musician/influencer?

alright i hope everyone has a good day and/or night, and thank you so much for reading!

love you all!

-a <3