Part 37: Infiltration of the GCPD

Galavan handed Greenwood, Jerome, and Danica police uniforms. They got dressed. Jerome put on his black cap and stepped in front of mirror. Danica peered at herself behind him in the mirror. She wrapped her arms around his waist and licked his neck,

"Want me to read your rights, Sir?"
Jerome grinned, amused.

"Danica."
"Uh-huh," Danica purred. "Officer. I didn't look bunch of pigs to be referred to by name, sweetie."

Galavan whistled. Jerome and Danica made a unified breath of annoyance as they turned to face to Galavan.

"Right," said Galavan. "Now that I have your attention. Here is the plan. Barbara and Aaron are going to keep Detective Gordon occupied. While he is out of the GCPD, Danica, Jerome, and Robert will infiltrate. Make it entertaining. Got that?"

"Sounds easy enough," Danica muttered.

Galavan looked at her.

"Don't push me." Galavan warned. "You are on thin ice. I almost regret taking you out of Arkham."

"That's nice," Danica sighed. "Can we continue this conversation later?"

Galavan motioned his hand for dismissal. Greenwood whooped happily as he, Danica, and Jerome stepped out of building and piled into a cop car.

"Ooh, goody, I always wanted to drive one of these!" Jerome said in delight, jumping slightly in the driver's seat. Danica closed the passenger door. "Let's go, children!"

They arrived at the GCPD. You'd think Gotham police would pay attention to who's actually in uniform. It's a fucked up place to be for a cop. Danica found it uncomfortably easy how they walked into the GCPD with little to fuss.

"I'm gonna go to the captain," said Jerome, turning to Danica and Greenwood. "Stay in the bullpen. When I get inside, light 'em up."

Danica and Greenwood steadied themselves at the front of building. They watched Jerome casually step inside the office. Danica saw the door closed.

"All righty, here we go," Danica beamed.

Greenwood dropped a smoke grenade in the middle of floor. Danica let out an insidious stream of laughter-the pigs in the pen turned when they heard her-then...

Sweet, chaotic pandemonium.