Part 4: I Always Win

"He stole my coke." Danica replied.
Jerome stared at her.
"What?"
Danica nodded, reaffirming her answer.
"He stole 50 kilos from me."
"You're a junkie."
"Was." Danica corrected him calmly.
"Then bang, bang?"
"Yes."
Jerome shrugged.
"Hey, whatever floats your boat." Jerome wrote on his imaginary stationary, "Don't...steal...Kitten's...druuuugs..." He made an imaginary fancy 'S' on his invisible notepad.

Danica smiled, uttered a small snicker.
Jerome's expression changed from playful to genuine... something. He licked his lips quickly.

"Have you changed your mind?" He asked quietly, leering intently.

"I'm considering it. But if I consent, I lose. If you consent, you lose."

Jerome shook his head, leaned into her, and smirked triumphantly.

"What you don't understand about our game is that no matter whether you fold, or if I do, I *always* win." He clicked his tongue. "You're so competitive, Kitten. It's not about the winner or loser."

Abruptly, Jerome closed the gap between their faces and pressed his lips to Danica's mouth. Danica jumped from surprise. His teasing tongue that had made an appearance earlier before darted between her lips uninvited, locked into a kiss.

Danica's surprised gasp jumped into an unsolicited, quiet moan. She thought it was barely audible, but he smiled into the kiss and pulled back to say,

"Ooh, that *purr*."
He rose to his feet.
"It's about the *fun* we have. I'll see you later."
He glanced at the time.
"Ooh. Pretty soon...*actually*."

Danica bit her bottom lip as he, once again, strode away—a jump in his step this time.