Chapter 24: Evil Eye

---------------------How's it going? Tell me all about it in the comments, or message me. This chapter is dedicated to LoveKilledTheMood, for leaving a lovely comment on the last chapter and showing me that I have to update because she commented five times, fulfilling the quota. Awesome Huh? Shmowzow! For luck. Read away imaginaters. That's not a word -_-'-----------------------------

No. No no no no no no no no no no no no no. I admit I had a false hope that we could get out of here before they arrived, and that little sliver has been crushed mercilessly. Chory, Juicy, and the rest are glaring at the two of them, seeming to have figured out who they are by now. Slowly, menacingly, though only I could notice that, my mother enters the hospital room, my father following.

The cold blue eyes of my father and the sadistic green eyes of my mother flicker from face to face, judging, calculating. Lastly they land on me, and something sinister shows in their faces, hell in their whole countenance. The air around us seemed to thicken, electric tension crackling in the metaphorical atmosphere. I don't move, don't blink.

I feel like this has all been a dream, and I'll wake up back in that godforsaken basement with all of those old kid's toys.

Of course that's how they want me to feel though. They want me to be intimated into coming back. Well not this time. Not that I'm going to be saying that at the moment, heh.

My mother starts walking forward out of nowhere, startling me out of my thoughts. She walks up until she is flush against the end of my hospital bed, and I pull my legs up and draw my knees up to my chin. I got that feeling, that feeling like when you find your hand is next to a spider and you pull away like Speedy Gonzales, even though you know it won't hurt you.

At the moment. She looks calm, but that is not as good of a sign as it may seem. The calm before a storm, is more like it.

"Simon, dear. I have been ever so worried. Your father, as well. How thoughtless of you to forget your inhaler, love. Of course, i'm not angry with you. I have been too distraught.''

Her voice is all but literally oozing with fake concern and kindness, but it somehow still manages to sound threatening. She then places a hand to her forehead, like she is going to faint. As if on cue, my father walks up beside her, placing a hand on her waist.

"Now now, darling. Don't start crying. He is perfectly well now." It all sounds so bloody rehearsed, it makes me physically sick. 

"Oh, but Gerard, he-"

"Just cut the the act already you idiots. Do you think we don't know what kind of people you really are?" Juicy snaps, interrupting my mother's dramatics.

I nearly do become sick as my mother and father stand up straight again, letting their true feelings show on their faces. Loathing, disgust, murderous intent. My father glares at me full on now, while chory glares at him, though i'm not sure he notices that just yet. He is too busy thinking of ways to kill me right now.

"What kind of people we are? Oh how cute. Is that meant to insult us, little fustilarian? Hm. From what I've been told, we'd have more worthy adversaries. You all look entirely pathetic."

All I thought was what the heck is a fustilarian? I had no clue, but it made Juicy livid, and chory clenched his jaw.

Mother looked bored now, but when she looked at me something flickered in her eyes. Something....almost excited. What could she have planned now? And who could've told her anything about us for her to expect 'more worthy adversaries' as she put it?