Chapter 6: Not out of the woods yet

"So this, 'McDonalds' you speak of, it is good and it is wrong?" Chory questions, after I finish explaining the concept of the fast food restaurants.

"Yeah. The food gets you fat and unhealthy, but it tastes really good." I say cheerfully, happy to see he is beginning to understand. It's been quite the show, me trying to tell him what the world is like now. Not as easy as it seems, I tell you.

"Why do the fellow humans make and sell this trick food if it hurts others? Is it worth it? " Chory asks, sounding surprised.

"No, but we do it anyway. That's how pretty much everything is." I reply.

I continue answering more questions like this about everything, for about thirty minutes.

"Why are we getting nowhere!?" I cry in frustration. RUSTLE, RUSTLE. Eh? What's that? Chory looks around curiously for the noise as well, looking a lot less worried than I. I spot gray tattered cloth disappearing up a tree.

"The hell?" I wonder out loud. Meanwhile Chory is just looking at the tree cutely, his head tilted. Awww.

Then, a wild granny appears! Ok, so not a wild granny. It was that dodgy old woman from before! She's just perched on the bloody branch like an owl! O.o!!

"How----what-you! It's you!" I shout. She then hisses at me, baring tiny, sharp looking baby teeth! Whoa!

I jump back a step before turning to Chory. "Chory, that's the-" then I notice he has his fists and jaw clenched tightly, his eyes a darker brown now.

"Uh, Chory? Do you know 'er? She seems a lot more, well, mean now, but I swear that's the old one who led me here--C-chory?" I stutter off as I realize he and the granny are having a mean mugging match.

"Twa's it this witch whom hath brought you here?" He says, his voice shaking with some supressed emotion.

"Yeah" is all I can say as I watch Chory carefully. He doesn't have time to reply as the woman then screeches so horrifyingly I would've sworn at that moment she was a demon of sorts. I clutch my ears and fall to my knees with my teeth clenched, while Chory stands tall, glaring heavily from under his thick lashes. 

She rears her head back, letting her demon calls rip through her throat for a few more seconds before she finally stops. Suddenly this OLD WOMAN backflips off her branch and into a crouch before us. Slowly she rises, glaring daggers at ME all the while. What did I do?!?!

"What is thy purpose? Simply inform me of that. Art thou here to banish me once again Thelda?" Chory says to her, his tone dangerously patient sounding. Wait wait wait. I'm 'bout to get all ghetto up in here! So DIS be da ho-nevermind. Ahem. So PROFESSOR MAGONAGAL was the witch who banished Chory out of jealous rage? The irony. I would've laughed if it weren't for the (literally ) evil witch trying to give me cancer with her eyes. I shifted uncomfortably and Chory noticed so he stepped forward a bit, catching her attention.

"Tell me NOW. I refuse to be banished once more." Chory states dominantly.

"You have grown brash young Choriandus! If my powers were what they shouldest be you would burn again before my eyes! Where hath the timid child I once knew gone? I saith elder age changeth thee!" Thelda cackles hoarsely after this, sounding like an emphysemic donkey. Not pleasant. Not pleasant, at all.

I scoot a little closer to Chory as he glares on at Thelda.

"I am merely present to partake of the gratitude thou owest me. I led the GACHNE to thee and hath set forth every mean to set you free. I grew weary of the torture of minimal power, such as the illusion to get the GACHNE to here. Now I shall receiveth full power again! AGHAHAJAHJLKKCK!! HACK! UGCK!" Thelda decided to add an evil cackle at the end of her little speech, resulting in disgusting donkey-emphysema hacking. I couldn't help the 'ew' look that came to my face.

"Is that all of thee? Ye shall not torment me any longer?" Chory said, hope in his voice. I noticed that he talked with more old English around Mchacketty hack over here. Hmm. I wrung my hands as she eyed me up and down before answering. I tried to cover up how truly scared i was. Good thing I've had to practice a great poker face over the years.

"Thou art free of me. But I shall ne'er be gone!" Thelda's skin then started to peel away, and layer by layer of flesh, bone, organ or whatever melted till it was gone. I took a deep breath, keeled over and vomited. Lovely. Can ya blame me? Just.....just YUCK. OK? YUCK.