Run little rabbit, run

----------Hello all! I said I might do another extra drabble on Simon's parent's situation, so before you read there is no Simon/Chory action in it. If that's what you want, don't read. But it's gonna be pretty good so read anyway. ^mm^ Secondly, and surprisingly, quite a few people have demanded a sequel from me. Some threatened violently (not mentioning names, ahem) so I i'm tossing some ideas around in my head for one. So, think of the comments section as a sort of voting area. Just put "I vote yes" or "I vote no" for a sequel. Get it? Got it? Good. I'll wait a while, so the votes tally, then i'll decide. Anywho, this is way too long, so read on!----------

Aislinn's breath came in short gasps, her blood pumping and sweat dampening her forehead as she ran. She'd been running for who knows how long, long enough that she couldn't remember anymore. Her clothes were torn and strewn with dirt, her fingernails caked in blood.

Her own husband's blood.

She'd had no choice but to kill Gerard. They were going to kill her, torture her, drag her to hell when she'd done nothing to deserve it. They promised, those damn demons, that they would leave her alone if she sacrificed him. Her debt would be repaid.

But they lied. Of course they lied! She felt stupid, for thinking they wouldn't weasel their way out of the deal. Yes, she'd repaid her debts-but not Gerard's. And now they were after her soul.

She could hear the sound of body-less entities whipping through the forestry behind her, chasing her through the woods behind the cabin she'd secluded herself in. She was supposed to be safe! She'd spent the last half of their fortune on a hex bag that was supposed to cover her tracks.

Again, she was lied to. She didn't have time to dwell on that now, she had to run. She didn't know where she was going, and deep in the hopeless, pessimistic part of her mind she knew she could never actually outrun the demons.

But she was so terrified it was the only thing she could think to do. Aislinn gritted her teeth at the fear inside her, squashing it with the hate she felt towards her bastard of a son for putting her in this humiliating situation.

That sniveling brat! She thought to herself. This should be him, not me. That demon said our contract was fulfilled if it was given Simon's soul, but instead it stupidly devoured that hag of a witch Thelda. Now it has it's rotten minions on her tail, wanting more. Of course it wants more. It always does, when it's thirsting for blood.

Aislinn shrieked in fright and fury as a small tree was snapped and thrown across her trail, making her pause abruptly before leaping over and continuing with a sprint. She grunted, getting a stitch in her side. She was getting tired, winded, sore. She hadn't eaten or slept properly for days.

"RUN LITTLE RABBIT, RUN!" A terrifying voice whispered mockingly, but she could hear it as if it was right next her.

Then a vicious growl tore through the air behind her, spurring her forward, her ailments forgotten. She didn't want to die like this. Hell, she didn't want to die. She was aiming big, for a long life that didn't end in cut feet and bloody hands.

Or a traitorous son that she wished she'd at least had the chance to kill before she died. Even thinking about him left a bitter taste in her mouth. Which was so dry she'd kill-again-for a drop of water.

Her feet were clumsy as she ran, resulting in her knocking her foot painfully against a stump in her hurry, causing her to cry out. She immediately knew she'd broken her toe. She tried to run again, but that slight moment of hesitation was too long, and with a scream she felt something white hot lashing across her back.

Falling to the ground, she turned her head to see a shadowy figure taking shape before her, visible only from the sunlight shining through the thick treetops. She reached out a hand, begging, "P-Please! Don't do this! I can still be of use, I swear! M-My son, I can get him for you, you will have him this time!" Two more shadows appeared behind the first, who was cracking a whip at his side, which just happened to be red hot.

"Ha! You have already promised us such, and yet have not delivered. Pathetic." They laughed, deep, horrible growls that sounded more animal than anything else. The first demon cracked the whip just beside Aislinn's head, breaking the very earth into a crevice. She cried out, scooting away from it.

"I know, but I will deliver this time! My husband was foolish then, and only hindered me. Now that he's gone, it will be easy! Think of how the soul of the GACHNE would taste on your master's tongue. How well would you be rewarded if you brought back his soul in my stead!" She bargained, pleading.

They seemed to think, eyes glowing red from their shadowy forms as they considered.

"Why should we hearken to a word you speak? You are weak minded, untrustworthy. Tell me, why should we give you another chance?" It leaned close to her face, it's breath as hot and reeking as the hell hole it emerged from.

"B-Because," she stammered, trying to muster some courage. "I birthed Simon. I gave him his gift. Once you have delivered the boy's soul to your master, do you not think I am able to birth more? And I know just who will help provide the offspring."

She again reached out her hand as her voice took a seductive lilt to it. Hesitantly, she touched the face of the hideous creature before her. It was like touching a hot stove top, with some sort of cloud over it. Extremely hot and uncomfortable, but bearable.

The demon growled lowly in it's throat, stepping away from her. It had a thoughtful, or what she assumed was thoughtful from what she could see of it, on it's face. It stepped further back, but before she could be relieved it let out a wicked laugh and in an instant the whip cracked forward, sealing it's scorching tip around her forearm.

She screamed and writhed in agony, the burning of her arm incomparable to anything she had felt in her lifetime. The last thing she heard was the demon's laughter as heat engulfed the rest of her body, and she was gone.

----------Voila! Fin! The end! I liked it, wbu? Tres creepy, no? So, tell me what you think, and your thoughts/vote on a sequel. Speak, my nuggets, I shall listen! Hope you enjoyed it, I had fun writing it. Don't forget to comment