Chapter 1: Eventful Night

Freedom. I admit, it is not what I thought it would be. Then again, I have been out of my house for about ten minutes. I walked the cold, too cold, streets of England in a happily depressed state. I stuff my hands in my coat pockets, wondering why it is so cold in September, even for my home country. Maybe the fates are taunting me, for running away.

"Well I happen to be eighteen, thanks very much, so curse you fates!" I yell like a nut ball. It cannot really be called running away if I am an adult right? Right, I convince myself as I amble down the crowded streets, my hood up so I won't be recognized. Sigh. At least I am getting away from that horrid place I call home.

My 'parents' use the term loosely, will have a right fit when they catch wind of my absence, they will. Wish I could witness that. Eh. Not that they'd miss me. I don't necessarily prefer their company either, mind you. They just detest my very existence, I tell you.

Ti's the reason I left. I couldn't stand the emotional suffering any longer. Not a moment. Were they ever concerned with me? I wonder. Oh sure they were, spat a bitter corner of my mind, when it suited them.  It's right though. All I ever heard was, "Oh, Simon, do stand elsewhere", or "Be a dear and tell the lady what we-um, I mean you plan to do with your future." Tch.

Bloody idiots. I'll not repeat what they said and/or did to me in my house, at the moment at least. I don't fancy getting mad at the moment. If I was so shameful, why did the have a child in the first place? Ah, the question I have been asking myself since I could form a proper thought. Now all that matters to them is what I look like to the press.

How I represent the family name to the rest of the world. Jeez, you'd think we were the Royal Family or something! Which, by the way, we most certainly are not. You might be fuddled. See, my caretakers are multi-million ares. By multi I mean MULTI. A lot of dough, they've got.

Their expertise, you may ask? Lineage. That's right, all of that green was inherited, not earned. HA! Those worthless humans, earning something? In my wildest dreams. I actually know why I am even here on this planet. OH they tried to rid of me, they did. As soon as they found out mum was carrying, they filed for abortion, the louts. It was too late to do it legally though. Poor them, cursed with a bouncing baby boy.

With the way they treated me my whole life, I'm surprised they didn't jab a knife into my mum's tummy to be rid of me. They talked about this a lot when the thought they were alone, or quiet. They have never been bashful to voice their feelings toward me before, though. So why those times, I haven't a clue.

I simply smiled as I realize how nuts they will go when they notice my disappearance. They will only flip because it will be hard to explain. It will not go hand in hand with the lie I have always been forced to tell reporters and whatnot.

The lie was this: "I plan to study from home for a year and then head off to Harvard Law. I need to be even more brilliant than I already am to attend." Total rubbish, right? Well, I would certainly like to see them explain why I up and left the day after my 18th birthday, when I would have to be accepted by the college to even attend.

Hope they have fun with that, I grinned. While I mused over the happenings of my life, I tripped over something hard.

I grunted, about to tell someone off proper, when i looked up to see nothing but trees.

"What the-where in blazes am I?" I question aloud as I survey my surroundings.

Turns out I had tripped over a root rather than the foot of some bloke. Not that I mind trees, but I happened to be in crowded London, ENGLAND last I bloody checked! Which does not have much vegetation! I was about to hit myself for going crazy when all of a sudden an old lady was beside me. I shrieked like the little school girl I am inside and jumped back a step.

Not smart. I fell on my bum and snapped my head up immediately to look at the woman. "Wh-where did you just pop out from!?" I shouted and she eyed me with a frantic look about her.

"Y-You must help! Help the lad, he dies as we chat!" What?

"Ma'am, what are you-"  "NO TIME!" She screams and yanks me up from the ground roughly.

"HOLY-" I don't get finish my outburst on her inhuman strength as I lurch forward due to her crazily tugging me in a random direction. "Oof! Hold a minute, ma'am, what is even the-ouch!-matter? I don't seem to-Oomph!-understand!"

Branches thwack me to and fro as we travel through the thick underbrush. "A lad! he requires assistance! you must help! He dies as we chat!" She repeats herself as I pant and continue to be dragged along.

I don't even have time to assess that she looks like that old professor from Harry Potter as I pull out my phone ready to call an ambulance. I start to act my age as I realize the gravity of the situation. I can be extremely grown up when I need to be.

I was about to ask her what kind of thing she expected to be able to do for him out here, but before I do we arrive upon a clearing of sorts. I scan the area warily, expecting a mangled body or the like when-WHOA. My eyes set upon the biggest, dirtiest looking structure I ever expected to see in a forest. It is a monstrosity. The thing resembles Rapunzel's tower, as if it were atop some large, moss covered cottage.

The hell? I think, who builds a huge stone, wood thing in the middle of-well, wherever the blazes I am. This train of thought snaps me back to reality as I turn to ask the hag-oh, that's not very polite, Simon- where the dying lad is. My eyes widen when I look around, as she is no where to be seen.

*twitch*

"BLOODY HELL!" I bellow in frustration and growl profanities to myself.

I immediately come to the conclusion that the cracked out head of Gryffindor was off her rocker and led me on a wild goose chase. About to curse her with blush worthy blasphemes again, I stop. I hear a sound. What could that be? I listen carefully and my heartbeat quickens. It is by far the most-most extravagantly beautiful music I have ever heard.

I hadn't even a clue what instrument it was being played on. I just knew it gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes. "So gorgeous", I mumble aloud as I unconsciously trudge forward towards the heavenly melody, now realizing it was coming out of the tower/cottage thing. Little did I know that those first few steps would start me on a path with someone to face problems much bigger than myself.

----------I know this is like over and done with, but I want to say thanks to all my readers, and even though this story is finished and old and whatnot, I would still love it if you voted and commented ^__^---------