Chapter 12

I inwardly moaned as I turned round to see Kol, sitting in the bar stool opposite me. I sighed as I folded my arms across my chest. 'I assume you have a reason for being here instead of pestering me,' I said, trying to put on my best fake smile and glare but probably coming across as a child in a tantrum.

Kol smirked as he tilted his head slightly to the right. 'I wanted to give you the pleasure of my company,' he said, raising his brows once.

'The only way I'm going to get any pleasure out of your company is when it goes,' I said, smirking slightly before rolling my eyes, turning round to order the bottles.

'Now, now, love,' he purred, the smirk evident in his voice. I closed my eyes, breathed in deeply before turning round. 'That's not anyway to treat a customer.'

I bit my lip, trying desperately hard not grab the bottle of vervain that was kept under the bar and throw it in his face. 'Well, I don't see any drink beside you so you can't be a customer,' I said, fist pumping in my head. With a smug smile on my face, I turned back round to the collection of liquor, desperately trying to find something to do that would keep me from murdering the Original.

'Perhaps it's the bartender doing a poor job.' At his words, I felt my face burn with anger. Remembering all the times that I had lost my temper and the consequences of it, I closed my eyes as I attempted to control my breathing. I knew Kol was staring at me, enjoying the fact that he was pushing my buttons which caused me to get even more angry.

After an extra few seconds of calming myself down, I turned round to see a smug smile on Kol's face. I swallowed all of the comments I wanted to make before slowly walking up to the bar, looking Kol right in the eyes. 'What can I get you?' I asked, tight lipped.

'There we go. Wasn't so hard, was it love?' We stared at each other for what felt like agonizingly long hours. Finally, Kol broke it, wearing a smug smile as he leant back in his stool. 'Surprise me,' he said, wiggling his brows.

I felt myself shiver as I bent down to pick up a bottle of Bourbon and a small glass, quickly snatching the bottle of vervain before turning round. As I filled the glass with vervain, I felt Kol's eyes on the back of my neck. 'Unless you want your drink to be half alcoholic, half coffee, I suggest you stop staring at me,' I said through gritted teeth, placing the bottle of vervain down before filling the glass with a few drops of Bourbon.

'Am I making you feel uncomfortable, love?' I rolled my eyes as I screwed the top onto the whiskey. Placing the bottle of vervain in my apron pocket, I plastered my fake smile on before turning round and depositing the drink in front of Kol.

'Just a tad. Here's you drink. Now, down it and leave.'

'Can't a man enjoy his drink whilst admiring the view?' he asked; his smirk never faltering. I bit my tongue hard to stop myself from gagging. I gave him a tight smile before picking up the rag that Matt had left and wiping down the bar; ever so often casting glances at Kol to see if he had touched his drink yet it hadn't moved from his spot and neither had his eyes which were fastened onto me.

'What do you want?' I sighed exasperatedly, throwing the rag down on the top of the bar. Kol simply continued to stare at me as though he had never seen another human being before. I rolled my eyes, finally giving up.

I walked out from behind the bar, trying to ignore the feeling of Kol's eyes on my back as I walked towards Caroline and Elena. 'Please tell me you guys don't need refills because I really don't want to go back there!' I whined.

It was at that moment that I realized that Caroline and Elena were staring at something else. Turning round, I saw a blonde girl, who I realized to be Rebekah once she turned round and left, and Matt holding something that resembled the invitation I had received that morning. 'I want to say that's an unlikely couple but that would be a lie,' I muttered, turning back to see Caroline with a look of anger on her face.