Chapter 23

A/N: Words cannot describe how sorry I am for taking so long to update! I feel truly horrible! But, the good news is that I have finished my exams (and school) so now I have pretty much 3 months free! There will be hundred of updates coming your way, hopefully every couple of days so I hope you guys haven't left!

This chapter is dedicated to all those amazing readers who have stuck by me and this story for so long! I promise you guys the next chapter will be along soon! However, I am going on holiday at the end of this week so there may be a week hiatus but other than that, I am all yours!

Please let me know what you think of this chapter by voting and commenting!

Thank you so much guys! So much love <3

~

'This is pointless. I've already proven to you that I can-'

'So show me again.'

I scowled at Kol, sticking out my tongue before turning back around to face the garden. A few meters away stood a bottle of Klaus' expensive, and probably ancient, whisky, standing on a log. This was Kol's idea of testing to see if I could use my power over air. The broken bottles around the bottom of the log should have been proof enough.

Shaking out the kinks in my neck, I closed my eyes; focusing on the bottle in my minds eye. Taking a deep breath in, I let my body relax itself before blowing gently out. A gust of wind swept past my ear, carrying the sound of another shattered bottle into the forest.

Smirking, I turned around. 'See? Easy.'

'So you can push a bottle to the floor. Doesn't mean that you can use that power against the witches.'

My mouth fell open in shock. Kol, giving his usual smirk, placed a quick peck on my lips before walking past me towards the log. 'Are you serious? This was your idea!'

I turned round just in time to see Kol kick the log hard so that it flew into the line of trees. Giving a smug smile, he placed his hands in his pockets, taking the place of the log. 'Try again.'

'This isn't going to work.'

'Come on, Cassandra. Blow me away.'

If Kol had said that to me a week ago, I would have blushed the colour of a rose. But, that would have been before our kiss in the lake. Before many kisses. And sleepovers. At that point, I only blushed slightly but also rolled my eyes.

'God, you're such a child,' I muttered.

'I heard that.'

'Duh,' I scoffed before closing my eyes again. I could feel the electricity flow through my body, itching to get out. I didn't even have time exhale before a loud thud and a moan flooded my ears.

I hurriedly opened my eyes to see Kol, not just a few meters away but whole yards away. 'You okay, baby?' I shouted, trying to contain my smirk.

'Very cute,' breathed Kol as he picked himself up.

'I think we're done here.'

*

Another week flew by after I had mastered air. Earth was the final one to go but Kol seemed to think there wasn't much need to practice that power as I had already killed a vampire using it.

Yet, I still couldn't help but panic. I had one week left before I turned 18 and had to face the Scorpio Clan. The thought of using my powers wasn't what was keeping me awake at 4:16am. I was confident enough with that. It was the use of my powers in combat which worried me. Though there was no real way in which I could practice. I refused to try with Bonnie, knowing full well that I could kill her in a heartbeat and Kol...Well, I didn't need to explain why I couldn't practice on him.