Chapter 24

A/N: Hey guys! I know it's been such a long time but I've recently got back from my holiday! Now there should be many updates especially since I've got back into the flow of this story! Hope you guys enjoy it as it's an extra long one so apologies! 

__

'Come on, come on, come on!' I was panicked. Not only did the break in my voice alert me to my feelings but the constant pacing around the kitchen seemed to be another piece of evidence. I was alone, trapped in what was supposed to be a secure bubble with a coven of witches surrounding me. The letter on Kol's bed was an indication of how truly screwed I was. Not only for the fact that Kol was no longer in the house protecting me, but the fact that the witches had gotten in and were no doubt still inside.

There was only so much an almost 18 year old Elemental could do. Yes, I could use my powers but they would only be at their full potential in less than 4 hours. I didn't know how long I could wait before I could go after Kol, or even if he was alive to go after.

'Andy. Pleasant surprise. Kind of bad timing-'

'They've got Kol.'

Damon's silence on the other end of the line showed that the news was as much a surprise as my call. 'What do you mean they've got-'

'I mean that they were in the house, wrote a cryptic letter and took him.'

Damon groaned in annoyance. 'You're sure he's not just screwing someone in his room?'

'Damon, he's gone!'

There was a rustle over the line, a lot of cursing too, before someone spoke. Someone who wasn't Damon. 'Cassandra, my dear. Why don't you explain everything that happened.'

I recounted the day to Klaus, only missing out the details like the kisses and the argument. I didn't feel that they would have had any help in the matter.

I could feel the tension over the line. Klaus had lost two of his brothers and was no doubt losing his temper with his allegiance with Damon. 'How did you let this happen?'

'Me?! You're brother was meant to be the one making sure that I didn't get taken!'

'Stop arguing! This is no one's fault!' Ric's voice broke a smile across my face. It didn't stop the pacing though. 'Andy; was there any way to get in and out of the house that was through a tunnel?'

I sighed, dragging a hand through my hair. I remembered a conversation that Kol and I had had about an escape route but I had never used it nor had I ever seen it.

'Yes,' Rebekah answered for me. Obviously the Scooby Gang were all in the same place and I was on speakerphone. 'Downstairs in the library.'

'Let me guess; you pull out the book labelled 'secret passages'?'

The sound of a hand against skin drew a picture in my mind, something along the lines of Rebekah slapping Damon for his unhelpful comment. Knowing him, he was probably grinning like an idiot.

'Candlestick on the bottom shelf. Didn't want anyone who had been spending too much time watching crappy TV shows to be able to find it.'

'You think that the witches got through using the tunnel?' I asked.

'Could they get through the bubble that way?' Ric asked.

'I didn't think they could. But I don't know how the shield worked,' said Bonnie; a tone of sadness in her voice. Perhaps she thought that it was her fault that Kol was taken.

'Great, so we've figured out how they got in. Can we now talk about how we're going to get Elijah and Kol back?' I asked; my temper slowly going.

'Well; we can't jump right into anything. We don't even really know how powerful these witches are. We're just going to have to wait until midnight.'