Chapter 10

'Now, now, Klaus,' came a voice from behind Stefan. I couldn't see who but, whoever it was made Stefan take a step back from my neck causing me to breath a sigh of relief yet I didn't relax. 'We wouldn't want Mr Salvatore here to do something rash.'

'Elijah,' said Klaus with caution, moving from his place by the fireplace to the centre of the room. Stefan moved slightly to the side so that I could see Elijah standing in between Damon and a blonde girl, whom I assumed was one of Klaus' servants, holding a tray with a silk cloth over it. 'Why haven't you left?'

'Where are your manners. brother?' said Elijah with a cruel look in his eyes. 'We forgot dessert.' With a flick of his wrist, he took off the cloth to reveal what looked like two silver daggers. I turned my gaze onto Klaus whose eyes were popping from their sockets.

'What have you done?' he asked with a deadpanned tone; his eyes never leaving the daggers.

'What have you done? You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now.' Elijah, whose face was expressionless till then, smirked, as did Damon. Stefan simply frowned and watched as Klaus' face looked even more horrified than when he first saw the daggers.

Suddenly, a brunette man wearing clothes that looked fit for a dinner party, if the collar was done up, strode in with a smile. 'Kol,' said Klaus in a tone of desperation, holding up his hands in surrender as he backed away from the oncoming man.

'Long time, brother,' the man said with a smirk as he continued to walk towards his brother who had a look of sheer panic on his face.  Out of nowhere, another man sped across to Klaus holding what looked like a dagger from the tray, staring at Klaus with piercing eyes. 'Finn, don't-' he started before the man, Finn, slammed the dagger into the palm of Klaus' hand causing him scream in pain.

The minute Finn pulled the dagger from his hand, Klaus turned and sped towards the door, only to be blocked by a blonde girl in a red dress. 'Rebekah,' he pleaded before he screamed and lurched forward. I couldn't see why, I could only see Rebekah's satisfied face over the top of Klaus' head.

'This is for our mother,' she muttered causing Kol to smile with pleasure. Damon and Stefan and even Elijah simply stood there as Klaus fell backwards and into Kol's grip; pulling back Klaus' arms to restrain him as Rebekah moved down the steps towards her brother.

'You're free to go,' announced Elijah over the grunts and sounds of resistance from Klaus; his eyes never leaving Klaus. Damon walked over towards me with a masked look of fear. As he reached for the chains, Elijah suddenly spoke. 'Leave the girl.' Damon turned round to face him but Elijah didn't look. 'She will not be harmed.' Damon continued to stare at Elijah till he finally turned to face him. 'Unless, of course, you do not take your brother and leave.'

Damon continued to stare into his icy glare before turning back to me. 'We'll get you out of here,' he whispered whilst leaning into me, though we both knew that the vampires heard. 'Just, try not to get yourself killed.' He pulled back and gave me a worried look before grabbing Stefan and pulling him out of the room.

I felt a surge of panic go through me at the thought of being left alone in a house with the Original family. Two, of which, wanted me for something. I watched as Elijah walked over to Klaus, seemingly unfazed by the entire event. I struggled against my chains but, the second they clanged against each other, Elijah sent me a piercing stare, making me stop immediately and hold me breath in anticipation.

Elijah slowly turned back and tapped Kol on the shoulder. He turned to face his brother with a look of annoyance before sighing and releasing Klaus. Klaus slowly turned to face Elijah who simply looked down at him with an emotionless face. 'Take a seat, brother. I believe you have some explaining to do.'