Pride and Peek-A-Boo

Blurr's tanks rumbled as he Looked at where Bumblebee lay on the rug deep in recharge, and then around the rec room. The little bitlit spent all day in the rec room, and thus the space was filled with his stuff. Blocks and figurines and data pads filled with sparkling stories sat on tables and chairs and on the floor. The bag filled with his energon rations and emergency filters hung on a hook by the door. Someone had brought in a folding mat and a small thermal blanket, witch were currently in use. It was mid afternoon, and therefore it was nap time. Blurr's tanks grumbled once again as he watched the bitlit. Primus he needed fule. But the entire crew was under strict orders from prime himself not to leave the bitlit alone. He could have taken him with to the mess, but primus for it if he wake him up. He had been waiting for hours for someone else to come and take his place, but most everyone was in a meeting, or working a shift, or out in the field. He would even settle for one of the twins at this point. Blurr knew that he shouldn't, but the temptation to run down to the mess, grab a cube, and then return was strong. He had skipped morning fuel for a chance to go on a drive. The mess hall was only a corridor down. He could be there and back in less than a click. No one would have to know. His tanks gave a final demand for energon, and his resolve finally wavered. He tiptoed passed the snoozing bitlit, and with a brief glance back over his shoulder, he was speeding down the halls as fast as he dared.

Bumble be sat up groggily. He looked around the rec room. Finding no one in immediate sight, he stood up and toddled to look behind the furniture. No one there. Blurr was with him when he had fallen asleep, so many he was hiding somewhere. Having played with Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, he knew that if Blurr was hiding, he needed to find him. Filled with determination, bumblebee stepped out of the door. He looked to the left. He looked to the right. The hallway was empty. Bee smiled and took off. This was a fun game!

Blurr dashed back into the rec room. Half a click. New record. He took a smug sip from his cube and glanced at the rug. No need to panic Bee was right- Blur choked as his fule abruptly left his intake. The bitlit was gone. Blur raced around the room, opening cabinets, lifting furniture, all the while calling Bumblebee's name and cursing under his breath. He was so fragged. Optimus was going to personally reduce him to a pile of scrap when he found out. Blur looked out into the empty hallway. Bumblebee must have woken up, and wandered off. He took off the right.

Bee sat down in the middle of a dark and unfamiliar hallway. This game was not fun anymore. He was lost, and he hadn't seen anyone. He was hungry, and lonely. So he did what any sensible bitlit would do. He started crying.

Mirage heard a strange sound echoing from the unused storage rooms. He quickly cloaked himself and crept towards the darkened passageway. If this was decepticon trickery, he had to find out and possibly raise the alarm. The closer he got, the more it sounded like- crying? He sped up, still cloaked. He rounded the corner, and saw the bitlit he and hound pulled from the rubble. He hadn't seen the little bot since then, but had heard of his antics. Mirage was never keen on children. He was tempted to just walk away, let whoever was watching him deal with the sobbing. But he was alone. No one else was anywhere near. Mirage sighed as he uncloaked in front of the bitlit. The crying stopped. Be looked at him in confusion. Bots don't just materialize out of nowhere do they? Mirage smiled. His vacant expression was cute. He cloaked again. Bee frowned. Where did he go? Was this a game?

"Peek a boo!" Mirage cried, un cloaking again. Bee laughed. This was a game! Mirage found himself enjoying the bitlit's laughter. It was infectious.

"Peek a boo!" he cloaked and uncloaked again. Be laughed some more. Blurr skidded around the corner.

"Miragethankprimusyoufoundhimiwasjustgoneforaclickjustdowntothemesstograbacubeandwhenigotbackhewasgoneididntknowwherehewenthewasasleepwhenileftandwhenigotbackhewasgoneandthenicouldentfindhimandithoughtforsureiwasslagged-" Mirage could not understand the speedster, he was talking at a million miles a minute.

"Blur what are you going on about?" Mirage snapped. Blur was briefly stunned into silence.

"I went to the mess for a cube of energon and when I got back the bitlit was gone and I've been wandering around the ship and i thought for sure I was fragged, because optimus warned us not to leave him alone because he's a baby and I-"

Mirage scowled.

"You what!" he shouted. " you left the bitlit alone. And then you let him wander the corriders alone! I found him in the hallway, crying his little yellow head off! You-" Mirage cut off, realizing something. "What did you see?" he hissed.

Blurr looked at the spy with his helm cocked. "What do you mean what did I see, I saw you with the bitlit and I was so relieved, because he was safe because the two of you were playing peekaboo and it was really cute and I hadn't-" Mirage grabbed blurr by the neck, officially silencing him.

"You just keep that to yourself now, right Blurr. Afterall we wouldn't prime finding out how you lost the baby do we?" Blur gulped.

Baby Bumblebee watched the two older bots from his vantage point on the floor. They were talking really funny. Blur was talking really fast, like always, and be missed quite a few words of what he said. And the other bot was talking really quiet, and he couldn't hear any of what he said. He was getting tired of being ignored. He impatiently papped the older bots legs. He wanted some energon.

Mirage looked down at the baby.

"Enewgon." he demanded. Mirage let go of blur, who promptly swept bumblebee into his arms.

"Wellthebabyishungrysoiguessillgoipromisiwonttellanyoneyouareactuallyagreatbigsoftiewhoplayspeakaboowithbitlitsalrightythengoodby!" Blurr whizzed off so fast that Mirage's processor was still spinning trying to decode the data burst long after he was gone.