Chapter One

I slammed my face into my pillow and sighed. I just got home from Starbucks, I work as a barista there. Nothing special, I am loved by my boss but hated by everyone else.

My phone vibrated and I groaned. I ignored it and decided to get up and make myself a glass of hot tea. I sat up, and placed my feet on my black carpeted floor. I sighed once more and stretched my back before fully getting up.

I headed towards the door and opened it. My phone vibrated again. I shook my head and walked down the corridor and into the kitchen. I switched on the lights and watched them flicker on. They reminded me of a horror movie how they flickered, I smiled and walked towards my cupboards, they were a grey color that matched the lightish grey color of my walls. The floors were made of white and grey colored tile. The coldness sent a shiver through my feet and up my spine.

I shuddered and grabbed my black mug that had the Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge album cover on it and set it on the countertop. I filled the glass with water and grabbed a black tea bag from the pantry before putting it in the mug and put it into the microwave for two minutes and walked back to my room. I grabbed my phone off the charger and trailed my way back to the kitchen.

The microwave beeped at me.

"Shut up, I know," I laughed to myself. I pulled out the mug and set it on the counter. I strained the black tea back into the mug and added some cold milk to it. Warm milk tea was the best. I smiled and grabbed my phone off the counter and walked back to my room, but not forgetting to grab my phone.

I set my mug down on my dresser right by my bed and crawled back onto my bed. My phone buzzed beside me which made me groan again.

I pulled out my phone and realized it was my best friend. I got a new text from Josh, Josh Dun. Yes, THE JOSH DUN!! My best friend.

Yo, Kat!! Tye and I are back in town. -JD

We should hang out soon!! -JD

Kattttt!!!! -JD

Just come over, haha. My address hasn't changed. -K

BET!! Be there in 20 -JD

Alright. Be safe ;) -K

You got it, dude!! -JD

I smiled and closed my phone. I took a sip of my milk tea and moaned quietly to myself.

I got out of my bed once more and headed towards the living room. I knew I didn't have to clean because it was Tye and my lil' drummer boi, but I thought it would be nice. I put on my emo playlist and got to work. Headfirst For Halos began to play and I smirked. This song was such a mood. I sang along while I cleaned off my table and began to just clean and dust everything in sight. I jumped on my couch and began to dance.

There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered began to play through the speakers, and I began to scream, "I'm the new cancer never looked better you can't stand it."

I had just finished cleaning when a strange boom echoed around my house. It came from my front door. I ran over and looked through the little peephole to see Josh with his pink hair rubbing his head and Tyler laughing. I smiled and opened the door.

"Boys!!" I yelled throwing the door open, jumping into Josh's arms and hugged him. He set me on the floor, kiss my forehead and then ruffled my hair. I groaned in annoyance and then moved onto Tyler.

"Kat!!" They both yelled, excitement lacing their voices. I smiled again and welcomed them into my home.

Mr. Doctor Man by Palaye Royale was now playing through my phone.

"Yo!! We know these guys. They're a good band. Such nice folks, we should introduce you at some point." Josh smiled at me. My eyes grew wide.

"You lucky fuckers," I squealed, "how?"

"They are on tour with us," Josh winked.

"Are you crushing on Remington like I am?" I joked nudging Josh. We've had this ongoing joke about him being gay since we were in high school.

"Oh, shut up," Josh laughed.

"So..why did you decide it was a good idea to just headbutt my door?" I asked as I shut the door behind them.

"Oh my god," Tyler started laughing again.

"Shut it jerk," Josh nudged Tyler with a small chuckle, "Long story short I ran up here and I couldn't stop myself fast enough and slapped my head on your door."

I began to die of laughter. That dumb son of a bitch.

"So how long are you guys in town for?"

"A month, we have our last show tonight then we are free for a whole month," Tyler answered.

"Damn, too bad I didn't know. I would've bought tickets," I muttered to myself mentally kicking myself.

"Well..Palaye is opening for us and...we can let you hang backstage if you want.." Josh trailed off.

"I don't want y'all to feel like I'm using you," I offered a small smile.

"Shut the hell up, you know just as much as we do that it was an offer and you're gonna take that shit cause you know that you're not using us. We know that too honey," Tyler sassed.

"Yes mom," I nodded my head and smiled.

"That's right. Respect your elders," Tyler shook his finger at me like he was giving me a lecture.

"You guys can stay at my house if you want. You guys know I won't mind. But I only have one guest bedroom so someone has to join me in my room or take the couch," I offered.

"I call Kat's room!!" Josh claimed me.

"That's fine," I smiled and nudged him with my shoulder.

"Go get ready, the concert starts soon," Josh smiled and ruffled my hair. I nodded my head and began to walk to my room.

"Hey!! Let me do your makeup!!" Tyler screamed following after me. I laughed and agreed.