Epilogue

N/A: Surprise surprise. Three years later I'm finally giving you guys a proper ending.

It had been two years since the incident. Lucy moved out of her apartment and lived in a small house with Nastu and Wendy. As for her friends? Jellal and Erza were quick to get married after they manned up and fully confessed to one another. Gajeel turned out to also be a son of the Devil, but Levy had always known that fact. The blue-haired girl had finally told Erza about their relationship, to which their mother-like friend learned to accept.

Juvia and Gray were happily engaged and even Lyon managed to find his happily ever after with Meredy. Of course, after Meredy found out that Juvia and Lyon had pretended just to make her jealous, she was angry but eventually found it cute. Lisanna was still looking for her children’s father to no avail. Every time she found a clue, it lead to a dead end. Mira and Laxus broke up, but Mira was happily nursing her younger sister and nieces.

The time was mid-December, with Christmas just having passed. Wendy was staying over at a friends house in celebration of having graduating high school. The couple took this time to take a nice, peaceful walk in the snow as snowflakes softly flew about over their heads.

Hand-in-hand the two went, smiling at nothing and sharing a comfortable silence. Light were strung about, lightly hangin off of buildings and lampost, shining like a lantern in the dark night they were experiencing. Nastu and Lucy came to a gondola near their park’s lake. Just as Lucy was about to sit, Nastu shifted and crouched on one knee, smiling up at his girlfriend.

A gasp escaped Lucy’s glossy lips and a smile taking over. Nastu peered up at her face, blonde hair leaning forward, some strands still having snow entangled in them. “Will you marry me, Lucy Heartfillia?” he asked, popping the question, “It has been around two years since we starting dating and according to the contract, this is the next step.”

A jolly and heart-filled laugh escape the female, skin around her nose and eyes crinkling at the change. “Of course I will, my dear idiot,” she answered, smiling expectantly down at him. The boy picked her up and spun her around as bright red enveloped their feet. Placing her down once more and putting the ring on her finger, they watched gleefully as the contract popped up once more. The last time they saw it was when they went on their first date.

Another check was placed on the dainty sheet before it and the light disappeared. “One more step to complete!” Lucy whispered, looking up at her fiance with warm, brown eyes. The other did not respond, but, instead, leaned in for a kiss. Lucy happily accepted the action and their lips met. They moved slowly against it each other until they broke apart and rested their heads on each other.

“Now, comes the hardest part. Avoiding Erza killing me for not telling her so she could hide in a bush and watch,” Nastu admitted, a playful smirk playing his lips.