forty five

Two weeks had passed since Brad and I decided on taking things slow and so far, I had nothing to complain about. We hang out more, if that's even possible, and he was taking the weekend off of the tracks to stay at my house today and tomorrow night. We were going to be 'revising' for some mock exams we had coming up.

My dad only agreed for Brad to stay because he doesn't know that Brad and I are slowly becoming more than friends. I'm not complaining, at least this way I won't have to have 'the birds and the bees' talk with him yet.

Currently, Brad and I are playing a game of football in Phys Ed and we're on different teams. Of course Brad decided to stick as a defender since I'm an attacker.

Once I get the ball and manoeuvre my way down the football pitch, I get as far as the edge of the box before Brad comes sliding in and takes down my legs, causing me to fall on him.

"You're a dickhead," I scowl as I stand myself up before I help him up, too. "I'm gonna have no legs by the time the game has finished."

"You're just finding excuses for the fact you're losing," he teases me. He had a three up lead to our team and he could tell that I was taking losing very badly. I'm certainly a sore loser.

"Watch it, Simpson," I point an accusing finger at him. "Or when you're at mine this weekend, I'll chop your balls off."

"You love me really," he chuckles as I walk away from him, discreetly flipping him the middle finger. I hear him laughing from behind me as I try and get the ball again.

Once the game was over, I accept my defeat but ignore Brad as we walk back to the changing rooms. It's the end of the day and my Friday had been sincerely ruined because of this.

He waits for me outside of my changing room and wraps his arms around my shoulders from behind as I try and walk past him.

"Not so fast," he pulls me into him, my back against his chest. He kisses behind my ear briefly before turning me around in his arms. I avoid eye contact with him at all costs.

"I'm not your friend anymore."

"Why not? Everyone loves winners," he says teasingly and I glare up at him. He chuckles at me. "I'm sure we can play Mario Kart later or something to cheer you up."

I bite back a smile. "You're shit at Mario Kart."

"No, I'm great at it," he says, pretending to be offended. "Remember that time I won against you?"

"Because you cheated!" I say. "You always cheat to win. You cheated today."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did."

"Uhhh, no I didn't," he says and I roll my eyes at him. "If I cheated today then I would've got taken off for the rest of the game like Freddie did."

Freddie was a guy in our class and he always cheats to try and win. Most of the time he gets away with it but when he gets caught, he gets taken off of the pitch. Coach didn't like cheaters.

I decide to drop our debate and we make our way to his car. It became a recurring theme that he'll always take me home and bring me to school. Neither of us minded.

When we get to my house, we aren't surprised to see my dad's car not in the driveway as we pull up. Brad had packed some clothes over the weekend to wear even though there was a stack of his hoodies slowly growing in my room anyway. I'm pretty sure that he started leaving them on purpose now.

"How's everything going with the gang?" I ask curiously once we're in my room. I had turned on my laptop to start 'revising', though we probably won't get anything done.