Chapter 2 Childhood I

"Mom!!"

"Why are u shouting Ansh, I am right here. Come sit down and finish ur breakfast." Nandini said preparing tiffin for Aayna and Ansh.

Ansh almost bolted towards dining table shaking everything on the table. "Ansh! Stop running. Why are u in such a hurry? Did u forget to do ur homework?" Aayna said, narrowing her eyes.

"Mom, I completely forgot yesterday.. Please help me." He said making a pout with puppy eyes.

"Ansh.. U always do this. Don't u know how much work I have in the morning." Nandini sighed..

"Don't worry.. Dad will help, champ." Manik said sitting on the chair.

"Thanks dad. Its very easy. U just need to tell me how u guys came up with my name and what it signify.. Basically the story behind my name." Ansh said it in one go..

"Ok. That's an interesting homework. I can't believe u forgot that." Manik said pouring orange juice in his glass. Nandini served him the breakfast and went inside the kitchen. She loves to do things on her own. Maximum time she works from home bcz she wants to give her children enough time with their mother.

"Well u see everyone in our group have their names that are similar with their parents except u both. Because u and ur sister's name kept by ur grandmother's." Manik said and Ansh started writing fast. Aayna was looking with wide eyes towards her father.

" I didn't know they kept our name. " Aayna said..

" Don't interrupt sis." Ansh scowled.

"They did. Actually ur great grandfathers name started with 'A' so they wanted u to have that."

"Ok.... Great grandfathers." Ansh wrote.

"They named ur sister Aayna because that means mirror and she is practically ur mommy's mirror image with her habits, behavior everything."

"No wonder they both are scary." Ansh mumbled.

"What did u say?" Aayna lifted one of her eyebrows.

"Nothing!"

"Nandini.. Have ur breakfast first. I told you to keep a housekeeper." Manik called her. She came and sat beside him.

"Dad! Continue please." Ansh groaned..

"Oh yes. So after u born they suggested many names but we didn't like it.. We wanted something unique for u.. After one week they came up with ur name 'Ansh'."

"Why Ansh?" Ansh asked..

"Because u were a tiny screaming mess." Aayna smirked.

"Dad!" Ansh whined and Manik laughed.

"Because u are a piece of us, both ur father's and me. So that's why Ansh." Nandini said with a smile.

"Wow.... And there it's done." Ansh wrote and did a happy dance.

"Just don't forget ur homeworks like this. I even asked u yesterday and u said u are done with ur homework." Nandini shook her head.

"It completely went out of my mind. Sorry." Ansh said with a guilty face.

After their breakfast, Ansh and Aayna grabbed their tiffin. Manik and Nandini dropped them to their school and went to their office.